+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: doing the conga

doing the conga

who was at Carlisle away for the auto windscreen semi final.

my one memory of the game was some of the fans doing the conga around the away end.

we won this final 2-1 against Shrewsbury Nigel jemson getting the goals

I will tell you this much boothy. .....it was much warmer at the Wembley Auto Final in April than it was at Carlisle that Tuesday night.

Absolutely freezing. My lasting memory is I put a ' sicky' in to get to Carlisle that day and got found out.

Coldest I've ever been at a match. Brilliant night though. Tears of joy freezing on my face at the end of the match

The terraces had patches of ice! Bovril didn't stay hot for long.

First Conga was Oldham away when we were managed by Emlyn Hughes.

We won 3-0 and we went on to create a record of 9 straight wins in a Calendar month (February).

A conga started on the open away end at Oldham. This was long before it was covered.

Oldham fans didn't like it and there was a lot of trouble after the game. Derek Dalton had his van turned over.

There was a paragraph in the Green 'un that night which had the headline "Fans Do Conga"

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Coldest I've ever been at a match. Brilliant night though. Tears of joy freezing on my face at the end of the match
    Remember it well wrinkly, in fact its the last time i saw you with your hand in your pocket....had to do the conga to keep warm.

Good memories of that night, and yes I remember it being very cold. Also, I'm sure I remember some lads dancing on top of a transit van in car park after the game , which would have been some feat in the snow

I was really pleased we won up there as well as at home. Wasn't Mervyn Day, ex Leeds keeper, their manager at the time?
    Seem to remember him making some comment after first leg about fans and players celebrating as if we were already at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    who was at Carlisle away for the auto windscreen semi final.

my one memory of the game was some of the fans doing the conga around the away end.

we won this final 2-1 against Shrewsbury Nigel jemson getting the goals
    Yes i remember it well,it was belting down with snow also.

Would be hard to explain to the youngsters of today but this was a game I remember watching on Teletext

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Would be hard to explain to the youngsters of today but this was a game I remember watching on Teletext
    Me too. I was stuck near Didcot that night

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast