Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: The Commonwealth Games

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Englands women netball team won both their semi and final games wi scores in't last second,tremendously excitin and i was delighted for them.Gary&Phil Neville's sister is the coach.I recall Sean givin me a gob full for sayin i wasn't that bothered abart Womens/Girls football and here he is bein very disrespectful to Sportsmen&women who've trained very hard to get recognition and medals for these games,he does mek me laff at times bless him. UTCB
    Quite how you connect the view that womens sport per se deserves more exposure in general,in much the same way women get paid way less than their male counterparts in all areas of employement which is a complete disgrace,and a bunch of often freeloaders of both genders taking part in some games to celebrate an archaic and irrelevant entity would stretch the imagination of even the most avid follower of crazy theories,but fill yer boots mate.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Quite how you connect the view that womens sport per se deserves more exposure in general,in much the same way women get paid way less than their male counterparts in all areas of employement which is a complete disgrace,and a bunch of often freeloaders of both genders taking part in some games to celebrate an archaic and irrelevant entity would stretch the imagination of even the most avid follower of crazy theories,but fill yer boots mate.
    I aint got any interest in Womens football just like you've no interest in the Commenwealth Games,theers a connection,quite simple really owd lad.These Athletes will have trained very hard for these games and whilst i aint watched it all i think they warrant some praise,you don't and that's ok,each to their own.UTCB

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I aint got any interest in Womens football just like you've no interest in the Commenwealth Games,theers a connection,quite simple really owd lad.These Athletes will have trained very hard for these games and whilst i aint watched it all i think they warrant some praise,you don't and that's ok,each to their own.UTCB
    Your still missing the point which is about gender bias,not how well a bloke or a woman can do at the sack race.

    You may wish to spend a few minutes on your tinterweb looking at womens football around thw war years and may well be surprised to see the attendances. The powers that be then gave the whole thing a tablet and set it back decades. Similar story to the amazing womens baseball teams in the US during WW2. Likewise consigned to the bin when GI Joe came mooching back.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%...all_in_England


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Am...aseball_League
    Last edited by seanbeanstattoo; 17-04-2018 at 07:50 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Your still missing the point which is about gender bias,not how well a bloke or a woman can do at the sack race.

    You may wish to spend a few minutes on your tinterweb looking at womens football around thw war years and may well be surprised to see the attendances. The powers that be then gave the whole thing a tablet and set it back decades. Similar story to the amazing womens baseball teams in the US during WW2. Likewise consigned to the bin when GI Joe came mooching back.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%...all_in_England


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Am...aseball_League
    If a woman's doin the same job as a bloke,ie; Behind a bar,newsreader etc then of course they shud be paid the same.I heard someone sayin a few months back they want women to be paid the same as men for playin football,well perhaps when they play in front of the same crowds and the womens game generates as much interest/passion but it'll never happen in my opinion.In no way am i anti women,i just dunt enjoy or more to the point can't be bothered watchin womens football or boxin for that matter,i watch ladies tennis and athletics but womens footy and boxin i just dunt wanna watch it,but once again each to their own.UTCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •