+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Commonwealth Games

The Commonwealth Games

Anyone else think it's like watching a wschool sports day compared to the Olympics, Diamond league or World Champs?

Hammer throwers hitting the cage 3 times before enjoying the rest of their hols.Robbie Grabarz, high jumper, goes UNDER the bar on his last attempt so is out.That pathetic heptathlete, Scouser, who looks like she's been forced to go there.

Hopefully it improves when the mothers' egg and spoon race starts.

No interest at all to me TT. I love the olympics, but have not watched any of this.

When I went to Oz, I had to pay my own fare, hotels, transport etc., out of my own taxed income.
    What a wonderful racket this is for lots of “athletes” we’ve never heard of - and lots and lots of BBC luvvies on huge salaries and expense accounts. Scandalous!

I like theses games and it's especially good to do the 'para' games at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    No interest at all to me TT. I love the olympics, but have not watched any of this.

When I went to Oz, I had to pay my own fare, hotels, transport etc., out of my own taxed income.
    What a wonderful racket this is for lots of “athletes” we’ve never heard of - and lots and lots of BBC luvvies on huge salaries and expense accounts. Scandalous!
    Gi ower Ronaldo it's more interestin than watchin junky bikers ridin France for however many weeks it teks em to do it.Anyway Cricket's due to start at Headingley 2moz,if it ever stops rainin.Zharnel Hughes has just won GOLD in't 200 metres,he was pishin it then looked like chuckin it away.Could lose it tho for impedin the 2nd,if he appeals.Hughes has been disqualified.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 12-04-2018 at 12:07 PM.

I'd rather watch Chelsea Ladies vs Man City Ladies (*sarcasm*).

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Gi ower Ronaldo it's more interestin than watchin junky bikers ridin France for however many weeks it teks em to do it.Anyway Cricket's due to start at Headingley 2moz,if it ever stops rainin.Zharnel Hughes has just won GOLD in't 200 metres,he was pishin it then looked like chuckin it away.Could lose it tho for impedin the 2nd,if he appeals.Hughes has been disqualified.UTCB
    Now look here young Rod! As I rapidly approach entering my 79th. year, I am entitled to be a miserable old so-and-so. Indeed, it is expected and, to be honest, it is one of the few pleasures left open to me - along with watching the Blades of course.

As to my choice of watching football, cycling, motorbike racing, rugby, grid iron, history programmes and (some) documentaries, rather than soaps, reality tv, politics, or the Commonwealth games - it is, as you so often say - each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post

I couldn't agree more Ronnie, the free holiday element is what angers me most and Oz does not come cheap as we both know.

The latest excuse is that these games are early in the season for British athletes.

If only they'd known they were coming up, it's not like they've had 4 years notice like the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I like theses games and it's especially good to do the 'para' games at the same time.
    That is the one positive Chips.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I couldn't agree more Ronnie, the free holiday element is what angers me most and Oz does not come cheap as we both know.

The latest excuse is that these games are early in the season for British athletes.

If only they'd known they were coming up, it's not like they've had 4 years notice like the rest.
    Is there only our Joe allowed excuses for failin nar then TT? Off topic but have ya heard anymore re;your possible operation(soz for bein a nosey chuff) UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Is there only our Joe allowed excuses for failin nar then TT? Off topic but have ya heard anymore re;your possible operation(soz for bein a nosey chuff) UTCB
    Joe doesn't have need of excuses, just better players around him.

On the health front it's looking like a by pass op Rod and I get to the hospital for more tests than Vince should ever have been picked for!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast