Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Commonwealth Games

  1. #1

    The Commonwealth Games

    Anyone else think it's like watching a wschool sports day compared to the Olympics, Diamond league or World Champs?

    Hammer throwers hitting the cage 3 times before enjoying the rest of their hols.Robbie Grabarz, high jumper, goes UNDER the bar on his last attempt so is out.That pathetic heptathlete, Scouser, who looks like she's been forced to go there.

    Hopefully it improves when the mothers' egg and spoon race starts.

  2. #2
    No interest at all to me TT. I love the olympics, but have not watched any of this.

    When I went to Oz, I had to pay my own fare, hotels, transport etc., out of my own taxed income.
    What a wonderful racket this is for lots of “athletes” we’ve never heard of - and lots and lots of BBC luvvies on huge salaries and expense accounts. Scandalous!

  3. #3
    I like theses games and it's especially good to do the 'para' games at the same time.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    No interest at all to me TT. I love the olympics, but have not watched any of this.

    When I went to Oz, I had to pay my own fare, hotels, transport etc., out of my own taxed income.
    What a wonderful racket this is for lots of “athletes” we’ve never heard of - and lots and lots of BBC luvvies on huge salaries and expense accounts. Scandalous!
    Gi ower Ronaldo it's more interestin than watchin junky bikers ridin France for however many weeks it teks em to do it.Anyway Cricket's due to start at Headingley 2moz,if it ever stops rainin.Zharnel Hughes has just won GOLD in't 200 metres,he was pishin it then looked like chuckin it away.Could lose it tho for impedin the 2nd,if he appeals.Hughes has been disqualified.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 12-04-2018 at 12:07 PM.

  5. #5
    I'd rather watch Chelsea Ladies vs Man City Ladies (*sarcasm*).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Gi ower Ronaldo it's more interestin than watchin junky bikers ridin France for however many weeks it teks em to do it.Anyway Cricket's due to start at Headingley 2moz,if it ever stops rainin.Zharnel Hughes has just won GOLD in't 200 metres,he was pishin it then looked like chuckin it away.Could lose it tho for impedin the 2nd,if he appeals.Hughes has been disqualified.UTCB
    Now look here young Rod! As I rapidly approach entering my 79th. year, I am entitled to be a miserable old so-and-so. Indeed, it is expected and, to be honest, it is one of the few pleasures left open to me - along with watching the Blades of course.

    As to my choice of watching football, cycling, motorbike racing, rugby, grid iron, history programmes and (some) documentaries, rather than soaps, reality tv, politics, or the Commonwealth games - it is, as you so often say - each to their own!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    No interest at all to me TT. I love the olympics, but have not watched any of this.

    When I went to Oz, I had to pay my own fare, hotels, transport etc., out of my own taxed income.
    What a wonderful racket this is for lots of “athletes” we’ve never heard of - and lots and lots of BBC luvvies on huge salaries and expense accounts. Scandalous!
    I couldn't agree more Ronnie, the free holiday element is what angers me most and Oz does not come cheap as we both know.

    The latest excuse is that these games are early in the season for British athletes.

    If only they'd known they were coming up, it's not like they've had 4 years notice like the rest.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I like theses games and it's especially good to do the 'para' games at the same time.
    That is the one positive Chips.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I couldn't agree more Ronnie, the free holiday element is what angers me most and Oz does not come cheap as we both know.

    The latest excuse is that these games are early in the season for British athletes.

    If only they'd known they were coming up, it's not like they've had 4 years notice like the rest.
    Is there only our Joe allowed excuses for failin nar then TT? Off topic but have ya heard anymore re;your possible operation(soz for bein a nosey chuff) UTCB

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Is there only our Joe allowed excuses for failin nar then TT? Off topic but have ya heard anymore re;your possible operation(soz for bein a nosey chuff) UTCB
    Joe doesn't have need of excuses, just better players around him.

    On the health front it's looking like a by pass op Rod and I get to the hospital for more tests than Vince should ever have been picked for!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Joe doesn't have need of excuses, just better players around him.

    On the health front it's looking like a by pass op Rod and I get to the hospital for more tests than Vince should ever have been picked for!
    I have to say the Vince quip med me chortle owd lad. I wish you the best of luck/health as i said before mi owd.UTCB

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Gi ower Ronaldo it's more interestin than watchin junky bikers ridin France for however many weeks it teks em to do it.Anyway Cricket's due to start at Headingley 2moz,if it ever stops rainin.Zharnel Hughes has just won GOLD in't 200 metres,he was pishin it then looked like chuckin it away.Could lose it tho for impedin the 2nd,if he appeals.Hughes has been disqualified.UTCB
    Hope it rains for 4 days non stop Rod.

    The pigs thought they had injuries-Well Yorkshire are without Plunkett and Willey, both called up to the IPL this week, Rashid 'cos he dunt want to play proper cricket anymore, Fisher injured, Patterson, broken finge ryesterday, Sidebottoms now retired, so we have Brooks & Bressie plus 3 rookies, Shaw, Coad and Waite, 2 of whom are carrying injuries.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Hope it rains for 4 days non stop Rod.

    The pigs thought they had injuries-Well Yorkshire are without Plunkett and Willey, both called up to the IPL this week, Rashid 'cos he dunt want to play proper cricket anymore, Fisher injured, Patterson, broken finge ryesterday, Sidebottoms now retired, so we have Brooks & Bressie plus 3 rookies, Shaw, Coad and Waite, 2 of whom are carrying injuries.
    Ya got your wish then TT,no play in't match cos of the weather.I heard em on Radio Sheffield say that both Yorks and Essex get 5 points cos there was no play at all in't game,is that r8? UTCB

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Ya got your wish then TT,no play in't match cos of the weather.I heard em on Radio Sheffield say that both Yorks and Essex get 5 points cos there was no play at all in't game,is that r8? UTCB
    Yes, points for the draw.A rare wish granted, it's the 1st time in 51 years a game has been abandoned at Heavenly without a ball being bowled.

    Essex conspiracy theorists are saaying it's because we had such a weakended team out. 1 Championship win and they're shouting the odds, piggy like.

  15. #15
    Happy to say I haven't watched a single second of this utter crap.
    Total waste of money.
    BTW did we win a medal in the "Im capable of wiping my arse after having a sh i t" event?

  16. #16
    We were odds on favourites to take gold in that one Sean unfortunately we lost out to a Cameroon athelete who they are still waiting to present his medal to as he did a bunk out of the window and he hasn't been seen since

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Joe doesn't have need of excuses, just better players around him.

    On the health front it's looking like a by pass op Rod and I get to the hospital for more tests than Vince should ever have been picked for!
    Just picked up on this mate.
    Thoughts with you and all goes well to ensure your ongoing good health.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    We were odds on favourites to take gold in that one Sean unfortunately we lost out to a Cameroon athelete who they are still waiting to present his medal to as he did a bunk out of the window and he hasn't been seen since
    Englands women netball team won both their semi and final games wi scores in't last second,tremendously excitin and i was delighted for them.Gary&Phil Neville's sister is the coach.I recall Sean givin me a gob full for sayin i wasn't that bothered abart Womens/Girls football and here he is bein very disrespectful to Sportsmen&women who've trained very hard to get recognition and medals for these games,he does mek me laff at times bless him. UTCB

  19. #19
    I've enjoyed these games as I always knew I would. I just love England getting the medals.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Just picked up on this mate.
    Thoughts with you and all goes well to ensure your ongoing good health.
    Cheers SBT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •