+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Commonwealth Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    No interest at all to me TT. I love the olympics, but have not watched any of this.

When I went to Oz, I had to pay my own fare, hotels, transport etc., out of my own taxed income.
    What a wonderful racket this is for lots of “athletes” we’ve never heard of - and lots and lots of BBC luvvies on huge salaries and expense accounts. Scandalous!
    I couldn't agree more Ronnie, the free holiday element is what angers me most and Oz does not come cheap as we both know.

The latest excuse is that these games are early in the season for British athletes.

If only they'd known they were coming up, it's not like they've had 4 years notice like the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I couldn't agree more Ronnie, the free holiday element is what angers me most and Oz does not come cheap as we both know.

The latest excuse is that these games are early in the season for British athletes.

If only they'd known they were coming up, it's not like they've had 4 years notice like the rest.
    Is there only our Joe allowed excuses for failin nar then TT? Off topic but have ya heard anymore re;your possible operation(soz for bein a nosey chuff) UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Is there only our Joe allowed excuses for failin nar then TT? Off topic but have ya heard anymore re;your possible operation(soz for bein a nosey chuff) UTCB
    Joe doesn't have need of excuses, just better players around him.

On the health front it's looking like a by pass op Rod and I get to the hospital for more tests than Vince should ever have been picked for!

On the health front it's looking like a by pass op Rod and I get to the hospital for more tests than Vince should ever have been picked for!
    I have to say the Vince quip med me chortle owd lad. I wish you the best of luck/health as i said before mi owd.UTCB

Just picked up on this mate.
    Thoughts with you and all goes well to ensure your ongoing good health.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Just picked up on this mate.
    Thoughts with you and all goes well to ensure your ongoing good health.
    Cheers SBT