+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    But they weren’t missing out. The thing is, now they can knowing full well they could buy their allocation. This system has nothing to do with loyalty
    The real question is, are they missing out now?

Who is the regular attenders, home and away that are not able to get a ticket because of additional DNA points?

Quote Originally Posted by kramnaganalf View Post
    The real question is, are they missing out now?

Who is the regular attenders, home and away that are not able to get a ticket because of additional DNA points?

Nobody yet.

But the DNA points plus a season ticket are 100 per annum. Season ticket plus attend every away game is 59 per annum. There are 2500 DNAers. On average a fair few might take a wee fancy to a "high-demand" away game and their 100 points trumps my 59. So despite not missing a game all year - there are 2500 ahead of me for a ticket. Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by kramnaganalf View Post

The main reason I signed up was to selfishly get a better opportunity for the seat of my choice when we move.
    Im sure there will be plenty to choose from even if you were just a normal unloyal run of the mill minky season ticket holder

Club has announced that now over 3,000 people signed up contributing gross revenue of £500,000, must have been a late surge given today was deadline for founders membership. A lot more than I expected, which is good from a revenue point of view and should still clear circa £300,000 after season ticket discounts, new shirt etc are taken account of.

All revenue is good, just wish they hadn't linked to loyalty points.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Nobody yet.

But the DNA points plus a season ticket are 100 per annum. Season ticket plus attend every away game is 59 per annum. There are 2500 DNAers. On average a fair few might take a wee fancy to a "high-demand" away game and their 100 points trumps my 59. So despite not missing a game all year - there are 2500 ahead of me for a ticket. Fair?
    No its not fair. I suspect you won't have a problem getting tickets for Celtic Park or Ibrox as a lot of people just don't like going to either of those two places. You may have more of an issue at the two Edinburgh grounds (difficult to know as we had two different allocations from Hibs this season) and certainly could have a real problem for an away cup tie at a lower league ground.

The other issue (not sure it bothers you or not) but the staggering of getting access to tickets based on points could mean that even if you get a ticket you could end up down the front or in the corner of the away section

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Nobody yet.

You make a good point, if you attended every single game this year you could have accumulated 83 points.
    B&G got an extra 10 as do shareholders with more than 260 shares.
    However I doubt that ALL 2,500 or even 3,000 DNA'ers intend to go to away games.
    A number are based overseas and not taking any ticket at all. Another percentage do not go to away games either.
    Its clearly a strategy to try and convince more to sign up.

Signed up for the International package. Lucky if I get back for a couple of games a season tbh. I just look at it as a donation to the club. A new top every season is enough for me. As was previously said, if I could donate the loyalty points then I would. They don't mean much to me and not a reason for signing up. Just want to support the club from a far.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You make a good point, if you attended every single game this year you could have accumulated 83 points.
    Point of order, I make it 96 points for a full house this season for a ST holder (106 for B&G).

I made 89 with missing 5 away games: 2 x Hamilton (league + LC double header), the re-arranged Motherwell after "Beast from the East", Partick and Killie. Oops, plus was in hospitality for the semi final, so no point for that.

Next season I could not bother and just buy 100 points for 12 x £12 = £144.

It'd certainly be a lot cheaper than spending thousands on flights and hotels for Bosnia and Cyprus etc.
    Last edited by kkong; 30-04-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Point of order, I make it 96 points for a full house this season for a ST holder (106 for B&G).

I made 89 with missing 5 away games: 2 x Hamilton (league + LC double header), the re-arranged Motherwell after "Beast from the East", Partick and Killie. Oops, plus was in hospitality for the semi final, so no point for that.

Next season I could not bother and just buy 100 points for 12 x £12 = £144.

It'd certainly be a lot cheaper than spending thousands on flights and hotels for Bosnia and Cyprus etc.
    I presume you mean 40 points as to get the 100 you need to have bought a season ticket as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I presume you mean 40 points as to get the 100 you need to have bought a season ticket as well.
    It would be 60 points for £144 because you get 40 for ST + 40 for AberDNA + a bonus 20 for holding both.

Put it another way - this season, I could have accumulated a maximum of 56 points by attending every game not covered by a ST, both home and away:

• 19 away league games
    • 2 home Europa League games
    • 2 away Europa League games
    • 2 away League Cup game
    • 3 home Scottish Cup games
    • 1 away Scottish Cup game
    • 1 Scottish Cup semi final

Next season, I could buy 60 points by attending no games other than home league games covered by my ST.

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast