+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Did you read it?

If something is not for you - fine. As someone who goes to every game though it impacts heavily on me as I suddenly drop down from the top 50 or so to there being 1000 people who dont go to as many games as me who now have first dibs on a "high demand game".

The whole loyalty points thing was to prevent this.
    Thats my issue with it. Doesn't affect me in this way as I chucked away games when the wee one came along but I don't like the fact that you can effectively buy loyalty without being as loyal as others yet be classed as more loyal. The top "loyal" reds (not me)are being declassed and that grinds my gears

On top of that

An aberdDONKEY can get as much loyalty points as a season ticket holder without attending a home game for £216 quid a year yet I and many others have to fork out £360 or £378 (Soother that is). Totally bonkers

Linking the whole thing with loyalty points was a mistake.

It's all about funding this ridiculous new stadium.

Of course it's not compulsory, going to games is not compulsory.

Being a Dons fan is not compulsory, although it feels like it some times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Thats my issue with it. Doesn't affect me in this way as I chucked away games when the wee one came along but I don't like the fact that you can effectively buy loyalty without being as loyal as others yet be classed as more loyal. The top "loyal" reds (not me)are being declassed and that grinds my gears

On top of that

An aberdDONKEY can get as much loyalty points as a season ticket holder without attending a home game for £216 quid a year yet I and many others have to fork out £360 or £378 (Soother that is). Totally bonkers
    It depends how you define loyalty. Say Mike and Dave have the same income. Mike is a fan, buys a season ticket, goes to games, doesn't join DNA. Dave is the same as Mike except he wants to help the club so joins DNA and hands over £216 of his hard earned. Isn't Dave more "loyal"? There's more than one way to demonstrate loyalty.

As for the guy pays £216 and doesn't attend a home game - all he's getting for his £216 is his loyalty points. A season ticket holder gets into all league home games, in other words what his season ticket pays for.

I very rarely go to away games, don't buy club shop merchandise etc. Loyalty points are meaningless to me. A season ticket holder who does use the loyalty points pays exactly the same as me: the loyalty points are a free bonus. You're suggesting that a guy who pays nothing for his loyalty points is getting a raw deal compared to a guy who pays £216 and gets nothing else.

I'm not sure about DNA loyalty points. The club is carving out rights that ordinary supporters already have and effectively selling them to other fans. It has a whiff of the shady about it. But if we're going to discuss it let's keep the arguments real. I don't buy the caricature of the DNA guy as a rich ******* who doesn't care about the club (or by implication anything else but himself) but will pay £216 for loyalty points just to be one up on the hoi polloi. Most members will be folk who want to help the club and are not well enough off to think £216 is nothing.

We have one of the richest guys in the country at the helm of our club. Why give him £216 a year and not give it to your family? It is his dream for the new stadium and Pittodrie paid the consequences. Let him fund the lot. Buy tickets and merchandise for matches etc but please don’t give him anymore so called loyalty cash.

I have been seriously considering doing this AberDNA thing for a while but have been holding off as it would be pretty much a donation from me to the club as I very rarely get up now to go to home games and only occasionally get to away games. Sure the loyalty points would be good from my point of view with the aim of getting tickets for the bigger games closer to home but they are not the motivational factor in joining. In all honesty I fear our days of bigger games are now going to become a lot less regular.

Anyway after yesterday's highly predictable bottling by yet another DM team I have now decided that the money would be better off somewhere else. The board and management of AFC have proven time and time again that they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery let alone run one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. They cannot be trusted. Until Milne is out AFC get not another penny from me and that will include not renewing my RedTV subscription. It really is a sad state of affairs.

The club actually contacted me today to get me on board with their international option. Reading how grim everyone on here is about it might just convince me to sign up. Don’t worry, it’s unlikely I’ll be doing the 30,000km round trip very often so won’t be stealing tickets from under the noses of any top reds.

I must admit that the International version is a bit bizarre, I have signed up and paid my 216 quid, but in reality its a donation to the club, what do I get for it, a replica shirt, 40 points, 10% off match tickets, 1 match ticket (if I happen to be home during the season and it coincides with a home game - Rare) and a membership card, in reality most of that has little or no use to me, so its a donation, and I am happy with that.

But if a bit more thought had gone into - What do international fans, who are rarely back in Aberden need? perhaps a skype dial in for various events, like the AGM, or black and gold like QA evenings, this would have been more relevant to me certainly, I'd happily donate my 40 loyalty points to someone else if I can??

Quote Originally Posted by Dubai_Don View Post
    I must admit that the International version is a bit bizarre, I have signed up and paid my 216 quid, but in reality its a donation to the club, what do I get for it, a replica shirt, 40 points, 10% off match tickets, 1 match ticket (if I happen to be home during the season and it coincides with a home game - Rare) and a membership card, in reality most of that has little or no use to me, so its a donation, and I am happy with that.

But if a bit more thought had gone into - What do international fans, who are rarely back in Aberden need? perhaps a skype dial in for various events, like the AGM, or black and gold like QA evenings, this would have been more relevant to me certainly, I'd happily donate my 40 loyalty points to someone else if I can??
    Maybe canvas for Red TV to be included in the international package

You see, that’s the kind of sensible straightforward thinking that’s missing from AFC.

Quite a considerable amount of money now raised from this, way more than I expected. The DNA’ers should push for a voice on the board now. It’s taxation without representation. Go for part ownership

If they had sold it to me as a donation - no loyalty points and no benefits apart from maybe a certificate on the wall and a picture of Darren Mackie - I'd have been happier. Tenner a month.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast