+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I buy a ticket with no intentions of going just to stockpile my loyalty points. I like to watch on the TV and see if I can spot the empty seat that some loyalty point poor person could have been sitting on.

Yes I am a bit of a c*nt.

And yes I am only joking.
    I heard a story about a Hun who got two tickets through his work for Celtics UEFA Final in Seville. He framed them instead of selling them

But the other 60,000 all got a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I heard a story about a Hun who got two tickets through his work for Celtics UEFA Final in Seville. He framed them instead of selling them
    That's actually quite clever. Too clever to be true considering it concerns a hun.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    That's actually quite clever. Too clever to be true considering it concerns a hun.
    The bit about him being employed was a bit far fetched

The bit about him being employed was a bit far fetched
    Must admit that bit went over my head but now you mention it......

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    It does seem a very high starting threshold.

But since both restricted and unrestricted view tickets are available, there must be a reasonably sized allocation.

But yes, it will most likely go to general sale.
    Correct, if you want to attend you will get a ticket no problem, some on here will spout that it is difficult to get a ticket, however, that is genuinely not the case.

SF

It’s the fairest way. If your rightful total is 202, you could be denying a more loyal fan on 203 a ticket, who is entitled to it & deserves it more. That’s what the scheme is all about isn’t it? How could you possibly enjoy the match knowing you’ve kept a better fan outside, scratching at the door like a raccoon trying to get in?
    Oh dear. Just realised I'm only on 163. The extra 40 is from renewing my season ticket for next year , which I now see doesn't count foe that game anyway.

Guess I would have been another racoon scratching at the door ........'cept I'll probably dins some jakey Irish bar in Milwukwee to watch it instead. !?

Its farcicle.

I went on to see what the story was....tried to sign up as an International member, and was informed that I needed a UK bank account to sign up.

WTF?

Are they really that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    Its farcicle.

I went on to see what the story was....tried to sign up as an International member, and was informed that I needed a UK bank account to sign up.

WTF?

Are they really that stupid?
    You need a UK account to pay monthly by Direct Debit. You can pay the annual fee in one hit on a credit card. I'm not sure why this is the case as I pay my RedTV subscription monthly.

The high threshold for the Dhim match is a reaction to the problems they had earlier in the season - ie at Hibs - when they set the threshold too low. They've now decided to stagger it a bit more. Not too bad an idea.

When the new DNA points are on though then - yes - the thresholds MUST be much much larger. Season ticket holder with DNA will be sitting at 140 at the start of next season. And there will be 2500 of them.

It is awful the way they have devalued loyalty.

A fan who goes to every home game next season will get (2 points a game) 38 points and spend £400+ doing it. A DNAer will spend £216 and get 40 points.

There is NOWHERE else on the planet that you can get more by spending less.

Mason's system though wouldn't work. Everybody just apply for a ticket. What would happen (IF demand is greater than supply) would be either

a) like wimbledon and CL final "public ballot", everybody would get their entire family to apply in the misguided hope that they would have a better chance of a ticket. Well - they wont because everybody else is doing the same thing and loads of other people would bang in an application for fun
    b) people who GET a ticket but dont want to go will sell it on at an increased price.

The loyalty point system is ok -but only if points are awarded for games attended (demerits sounds good if you dont go!). The system they now have in place has nothing to do with loyalty.

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast