+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

I’m not saying everyone should just apply. I’m saying they should go to season ticket holders first, then Supporters clubs, then a general sale

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post

It is awful the way they have devalued loyalty.

There is NOWHERE else on the planet that you can get more by spending less.

The system they now have in place has nothing to do with loyalty.
    That's my issue with it. It doesn't affect me that much as I rarely go to away games no since the wee man turned up. But im sticking up for the non AberDouchebags who can are loyal and prove their loyalty with the "airmiles" and outlay.

How can a season ticket equal the same points as the scheme which is half the price(thereabouts)

Its rewarding the better off.

I think they're trying to use the loyalty points as bait to get folks to sign up. I have ST and there's no way on earth I'm paying more for the privilege of being in some super fan club. I've no idea what the playing budget is or was so how they will show all the cash that's taken in has gone to the playing budget is beyond me. I have a major scepticism for our chairman and have suspicion that cash currently in the playing budget will be diverted towards the white elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m not saying everyone should just apply. I’m saying they should go to season ticket holders first, then Supporters clubs, then a general sale
    Sorry - misunderstood. Yup - they system you suggest would work just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    I think they're trying to use the loyalty points as bait to get folks to sign up. I have ST and there's no way on earth I'm paying more for the privilege of being in some super fan club. I've no idea what the playing budget is or was so how they will show all the cash that's taken in has gone to the playing budget is beyond me. I have a major scepticism for our chairman and have suspicion that cash currently in the playing budget will be diverted towards the white elephant.

There's no doubt that the points are the bait. Apparently this strategy was devised based on the results of the recent supporter survey. The fans wanted loyalty points so that's what they got. Two points

if everybody gets them then nobody is better off
    i'd like to see the survey again as I'm sure we've all seen consultation documents which have been carefully designed in order to get the results they were looking for in order to justify the decision they were making anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    There's no doubt that the points are the bait. Apparently this strategy was devised based on the results of the recent supporter survey. The fans wanted loyalty points so that's what they got. Two points

if everybody gets them then nobody is better off
    i'd like to see the survey again as I'm sure we've all seen consultation documents which have been carefully designed in order to get the results they were looking for in order to justify the decision they were making anyway.

Totally agree. You can set any survey up to achieve the results you want

The loyalty points exists so that those that regularly attend both home and away get first opportunity.
    So there should be a reward system that caters for those.

I don't get to too many away games nowadays, school football limits my opportunities, so don't need the DNA points I'm awarded.
    The main reason I signed up was to selfishly get a better opportunity for the seat of my choice when we move.

Quote Originally Posted by kramnaganalf View Post
    The loyalty points exists so that those that regularly attend both home and away get first opportunity.
    They were going every week. They didn’t need loyalty points.

Unless there were fans going week in, week out that we’re missing games, meaning they weren’t going week in, week out.

It’s nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    They were going every week. They didn’t need loyalty points.

Unless there were fans going week in, week out that we’re missing games, meaning they weren’t going week in, week out.

It’s nonsense
    Times change, allocations are adjusted.
    We get fewer tickets than we did in the past for some grounds.
    This means that there should be a system which rewards those who attend more games than others, that's just plain fair.

I doubt the DNA points really make that much of a difference.
    If they are regular attenders, they'll still get that option.
    If they are not regular attenders, having DNA points is not going to make a difference if they're not going for tickets

But they weren’t missing out. The thing is, now they can knowing full well they could buy their allocation. This system has nothing to do with loyalty

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast