+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Loyalty points and AberDNA

In the mid 80s I worked in the middle east for a few years. One of the things that surprised me was how much Palistinian kids revered Adolf Hitler - mainly because he wanted to dump the jews. I decided not to offer my opinion that after the final solution, Adolf would have been looking at other races who could pollute his master race.

I was reminded of this as, over the past few years, I've railed against the rantings of Mason 89. He doesn't like the loyalty points system. He's a dick thinks I. It's just a buy-me-tickets system where rich people are able to buy tickets. Total prat thinks I. However......

The loyalty point system was brought in so that fans who attend matches got priority when tickets were being allocated for high demand games. Great. Cannae beat it. However ......

The recent AberDNA has caused me to reconsider.

AberDNA ers will get 40 points for signing up AND if they also have a season ticket they will get 40 points for the Season tcket AND an extra 20 points for having both. A total of 100 points per season. So ....

If I renew my season ticket at for next season, I'll get 40 points. Forgetting cup games to simplify things, I'll get 19 points if I attend every away match next season. If I renew for 2010-20 I'll get another 40 points. A total of 99.

If I am an AberNDA season ticket holder I'll get (in 2018-19) 40 points for the ST, 40 points for the DNA plus 20 points bonus = 100. I'll get the same at the start of 2019-20. So- without attending an away game - the DNA lad will have 200 (effen) points compared to my 99.

If the first game of the new season is against the Huns or the Dhims or Hibs or Hertz, there'll be at least 1000 AberDNAs ahead of me in the queue for tickets despite me not missing a game the previous season.

Loyalty points?

Mason89 is a visionary.
    Last edited by cougared; 12-04-2018 at 08:34 PM.

I do like a nice Adolf thread but this is a bit heavy for a Thursday night surely.

Thanks... I think.

The next step in this scheme will be better access to the highland sh1tbox when its built. 100 points for entry to the supporters bar, 120 for priority parking etc.

I’d also be wary of the club removing points as well. Just to keep everyone in line

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Thanks... I think.

The next step in this scheme will be better access to the highland sh1tbox when its built. 100 points for entry to the supporters bar, 120 for priority parking etc.

I’d also be wary of the club removing points as well. Just to keep everyone in line
    It's going to be like Ryanair. Want access to the toilet? With toilet paper?

You make a very good point cougared.
    First I’ve heard of the additional 20 points though.

I don’t really get the bitching & whining about it all.
    It’s not compulsory.
    If it’s not for you, you don’t do it.
    Pretty simple.

Did you read it?

If something is not for you - fine. As someone who goes to every game though it impacts heavily on me as I suddenly drop down from the top 50 or so to there being 1000 people who dont go to as many games as me who now have first dibs on a "high demand game".

The whole loyalty points thing was to prevent this.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Did you read it?

If something is not for you - fine. As someone who goes to every game though it impacts heavily on me as I suddenly drop down from the top 50 or so to there being 1000 people who dont go to as many games as me who now have first dibs on a "high demand game".

The whole loyalty points thing was to prevent this.
    I’ll be honest.
    I didn’t read it.
    I sped read & got the just.
    My point (not necessarily on your post) is that I’ve read so much whining & negativity about AberDNA.
    My point was no-one is forcing anyone to do anything.
    The £18 per month isn’t much to some. 1 less pint per week?
    To others it might be.
    Each to their own.
    If it helps the club, I can’t see a down side.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ll be honest.
    I didn’t read it.
    I sped read & got the just.
    My point (not necessarily on your post) is that I’ve read so much whining & negativity about AberDNA.
    My point was no-one is forcing anyone to do anything.
    The £18 per month isn’t much to some. 1 less pint per week?
    To others it might be.
    Each to their own.
    If it helps the club, I can’t see a down side.
    Should the matter not be, who helps the club more? A genuine #TopRed or someone who has more disposable income? What you put into the club doesn't have to be purely financial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Should the matter not be, who helps the club more? A genuine #TopRed or someone who has more disposable income? What you put into the club doesn't have to be purely financial.
    That’s fair comment.
    I’m only saying it’s optional.
    I’m not saying who’s a “better fan” or getting in to that.
    The club has taken some criticism for this initiative & I was only saying that if it helps the club financially I’m happy with it.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast