+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 10 years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by Doonhamer red View Post
    All those with short memories. Carefull what you wish for
    1 day ago today

All those with short memories...we got pumped by bottom 6 club Motherwell (again).

Team consisted of guys like O'Connor, Ball, Cosgrove and Chidi.

Careful what you wish for...

Is Mcinnes still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    1 day ago today

All those with short memories...we got pumped by bottom 6 club Motherwell (again).

Team consisted of guys like O'Connor, Ball, Cosgrove and Chidi.

Careful what you wish for...

Is Mcinnes still here?
    Great 4 outfield players there for a five a side team !!

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    11/5/91 I knew exactly what was coming. I didn't even try to get a ticket and never even thought about going.
    If I'd been anywhere near the b@5tard garden that day I'd have ended up lifted, never realistically thought about it.

That QoS game........Derek Soutar played in goal for us in a Scottish Cup semi final.......let that sink in for a second.
    Phannie......I was gutted but had some mutual chums of ours on our wee minibus fae Stoney without tickets....they listened to the game in a pub in Glasgow......we stood for our club and once back in the Riviera it was an interesting evening........”always look on the bright side of life” and any anti-hun song was belted out from Govan back home and then beyond, mind the team bus applauding us at Dundee as we all stood on the roof......how we never got a long lie for Monday after our entertainment later, f@ck knows......anyway.......that is without doubt, the worst....however, within 15 minutes as a group, we had recovered and we were/are Aberdeen.

Seen yer auld man yesterday, I could not head to Montrose as we were playing(getting beaten) at home.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Phannie......I was gutted but had some mutual chums of ours on our wee minibus fae Stoney without tickets....they listened to the game in a pub in Glasgow......we stood for our club and once back in the Riviera it was an interesting evening........”always look on the bright side of life” and any anti-hun song was belted out from Govan back home and then beyond, mind the team bus applauding us at Dundee as we all stood on the roof......how we never got a long lie for Monday after our entertainment later, f@ck knows......anyway.......that is without doubt, the worst....however, within 15 minutes as a group, we had recovered and we were/are Aberdeen.

Seen yer auld man yesterday, I could not head to Montrose as we were playing(getting beaten) at home.

SF
    You are more forgiving than me min ! I was apoplectic. Just the nadir of all it was bad about being a dons supporter at that time. Didn't go to another game for a long time after that.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    You are more forgiving than me min ! I was apoplectic. Just the nadir of all it was bad about being a dons supporter at that time. Didn't go to another game for a long time after that.
    Thru thick and thin, for every bad day I’ve had, being a dandy, I’ve had many more good days......we would never let those c@nts get to us and never will, sadly, probably the last occasion that any team had a realistic chance of winning the league outwith the ugly sisters.......lesson to be learned, don’t change formation on the basis of only needing a draw, regardless of any situation.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

SF
    Aye he was telling me at the weekend that he had a "prawn sandwich" affair lined up at Links Park this midweek, hinna received a blow by blow yet but I'd imagine it's in the offing........

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Aye he was telling me at the weekend that he had a "prawn sandwich" affair lined up at Links Park this midweek, hinna received a blow by blow yet but I'd imagine it's in the offing........
    Last night, 1-1 draw, to be fair down there it is good value for money and it is welcoming......if you cannot push the boat out there is always someone on the gate to allow you out to pick up your car keys you left in the legion next door and even allow you time for a coffee at half time.

SF

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567