+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre-Match View From Millwall

Pre-Match View From Millwall

They've nailed it must win for us mustn't lose for them

Should have been tother way round

Coulda woulda shoulda ....... dint !

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    They've nailed it must win for us mustn't lose for them

Should have been tother way round

Coulda woulda shoulda ....... dint !
    Dint yet Bully. COME ON BLADES.UTCB

Here’s another

“Also, lived in Sheffield and it was done out of warm feelings to the place & team.

As said before,I like the Blades, went to a few games when I lived there, and they were a lot like us - mostly working class, passed the club down through the generations, rain or shine, saw the humour in being **** and didn't take it all that seriously, but passionately got behind their team and could create a very partisan atmosphere.

In contrast to Wednesday - who I found to be supported by more middle-class types from the suburbs, who really did think their **** didn't stink and believed the likes of Millwall & Sheffield United were below them, despite being bang average for the last 50 years. I call them the Crystal Palace of the north!”
    Last edited by GrayBlade; 13-04-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Here’s another

“Also, lived in Sheffield and it was done out of warm feelings to the place & team.

As said before,I like the Blades, went to a few games when I lived there, and they were a lot like us - mostly working class, passed the club down through the generations, rain or shine, saw the humour in being **** and didn't take it all that seriously, but passionately got behind their team and could create a very partisan atmosphere.

In contrast to Wednesday - who I found to be supported by more middle-class types from the suburbs, who really did think their **** didn't stink and believed the likes of Millwall & Sheffield United were below them, despite being bang average for the last 50 years. I call them the Crystal Palace of the north!”
    Middle class? No twottin class is nearer the truth.UTCB

I do like the final comment. He is obviously a very wise man who, like me, has suffered “decades of soul-crushing misery”.