+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil's advocate

Devil's advocate

In an ideal world it would be great if it was a ten spot to get in and you got a wee neck and shoulder massage as you came through the gate although with the mighty probably nae happy ending.....but.....

If it was a choice of putting season tics up or putting the gate price up for maybe 2 possibly 4 outside chańce of 6 games....what would you choose?

If you don't have a season tic or won't be getting one it dosent look like it's gonna be too difficult to get your hands on a free one so although I don't agree with anybody paying £30 to get in Dens they do seem to be trying to shift he pain onto the bigot brothers fans....could backfire mind you.

I doubt we are getting more than 250 patg full price Dee fans for tic and gers games and those 250 would surely know someone with a season ticket.

It's actually a relatively clever accountants type idea ( not as good as letting everybody in for a tenner) but hasn't in any way been presented to the support in a positive way.

Anybody know if any of the adult concession season tics or patg adult concession price has went up?

many many people out there that cant afford to buy a whole season book,and the same people would i doubt be able to produce £30 to patg,and many will also fall into not being able to afford sky etc,these fans will in most likelyhood be lost to the club forever

i would love to see a non abuse proof severely reduced patg price for people that at the moment cant afford to go to the game.
    would also love to see the re introducing of the come along and do a bit of work at Dens and get free tkts for the game,but no douby the pc brigade stopped that due to insurance etc

at the moment i would buy a part season tkt say 1/4 tkt but havnt the readies at hand to buy a full season,just wish the board would be more forward thinking

Would like to understand exactly how the free ticket works. The logic seems to be that for any game SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY, a season ticket holder can bring a friend. I think it might reduce the pay at the gate money for those Dee's who go to games on that system. As Rrross says it should be fairly easy to find a friend who could offer his free ticket. How is the availability calculated? what happens if all ST holders try to exercise their option to use their free ticket for say the first Rangers game at Dens. 4200 Rangers away support, supposedly delighted to be paying £30 to see their team at Dens rather than sitting in a pub in Glasgow watching it on TV. 3000 Dee ST holders and 3000 Free tickets. Ground just about full and the only cash element is 4200 Rangers supporters paying £30, or less depending on the concession prices = less than £126000. If you don't have the free tickets then you might find that there would be at least 1500+ PATG Dees there too. Club loses £45000 in takings.

I suspect that the subject to availability qualification will mean that only after PATG demand has been satisfied will the free tickets be allocated but it will be interesting to see how they manage the PATG sales when most fans may well have a pal who will give them, or heaven forbid, sell them a free ticket!

I have made it all up, it is just a conspiracy theory and will hopeful be a load of blethers.....

To answer Rross's question, I'd rather see ST's where there is less of a difference between the concessions and the full price, a longer period to sell the early bird tickets, especially for those who are renewing their tickets, at least until the league that we are in is settled, and lower PATG price based on a reduction in the differential between the concessions and the full price.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    many many people out there that cant afford to buy a whole season book,and the same people would i doubt be able to produce £30 to patg,and many will also fall into not being able to afford sky etc,these fans will in most likelyhood be lost to the club forever

i would love to see a non abuse proof severely reduced patg price for people that at the moment cant afford to go to the game.
    would also love to see the re introducing of the come along and do a bit of work at Dens and get free tkts for the game,but no douby the pc brigade stopped that due to insurance etc

at the moment i would buy a part season tkt say 1/4 tkt but havnt the readies at hand to buy a full season,just wish the board would be more forward thinking
    They probably don't do quarter or half season tics as I think loads of season tic holders would buy them instead of full season tics.

If season tics had a went up I doubt I wuda renewed mine.....I will as they have stayed the same and there's a wee bit more value.....Mrs sunshine can go to the odd game now instead of meeting me after when we are heading oot for example.

I think the £30 won't affect many home supporters but dosent make it right.

I rarely enjoy the old firm games and never too disappointed if I've got other things on that day or am on holiday.

And just too finish we let far far far too many wealthy pensioners in at reduced rates and it's pushing the adult price patg up to levels that most will baulk at and few will pay....but the club has tried to be smart.

Just to add I wouldn't pay £30 to see Dee v tic or gers at lunchtime I'd probably pay it to watch the nearly deids get thumped.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Would like to understand exactly how the free ticket works. The logic seems to be that for any game SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY, a season ticket holder can bring a friend. I think it might reduce the pay at the gate money for those Dee's who go to games on that system. As Rrross says it should be fairly easy to find a friend who could offer his free ticket. How is the availability calculated? what happens if all ST holders try to exercise their option to use their free ticket for say the first Rangers game at Dens. 4200 Rangers away support, supposedly delighted to be paying £30 to see their team at Dens rather than sitting in a pub in Glasgow watching it on TV. 3000 Dee ST holders and 3000 Free tickets. Ground just about full and the only cash element is 4200 Rangers supporters paying £30, or less depending on the concession prices = less than £126000. If you don't have the free tickets then you might find that there would be at least 1500+ PATG Dees there too. Club loses £45000 in takings.

I suspect that the subject to availability qualification will mean that only after PATG demand has been satisfied will the free tickets be allocated but it will be interesting to see how they manage the PATG sales when most fans may well have a pal who will give them, or heaven forbid, sell them a free ticket!

I have made it all up, it is just a conspiracy theory and will hopeful be a load of blethers.....

To answer Rross's question, I'd rather see ST's where there is less of a difference between the concessions and the full price, a longer period to sell the early bird tickets, especially for those who are renewing their tickets, at least until the league that we are in is settled, and lower PATG price based on a reduction in the differential between the concessions and the full price.
    I'd also offer as a one off anybody that renews who say has lapsed in the last 3 years £20 off the early bird or extend the early bird till first game.

Bcram I doubt very much we have 1500 patg fans v tic and gers.

Agree with most of your post though.

Bought mine today, good value at around £18 a game

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    It's reasonable I'd say bordering a touch expensive.

Can I ask Dee Dee will you go to every home league game or will you miss any?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's reasonable I'd say bordering a touch expensive.

Can I ask Dee Dee will you go to every home league game or will you miss any?
    The season ticket favours people with that have got a few bob spare that dont miss 300-400 quid outlay

The patg increases targets the poorer fan who cant afford the outlay if a ST

No wonder adults buy concession season tixs now

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Killie is 20quid PATG next season

Puts the value of having to buy our ST in a fortnight into perspective

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    The season ticket favours people with that have got a few bob spare that dont miss 300-400 quid outlay

The patg increases targets the poorer fan who cant afford the outlay if a ST

No wonder adults buy concession season tixs now
    I buy concession cup tics but noticed the Derry turnstile operators are having a much closer look as you go in now also buy concessions for away cup games.

Don't think every season tic holder has a few Bob to spare. People who buy season tics generally have the time to go, aren't having to dodge round shifts, want to sit with their mates and above all else it's the bulk of their Saturday/Sunday.

We have very few patg fans for old firm games and not much more for other televised games. I'm glad that if somebody has to pay extra it's old firm fans and not the Dundee support.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)