+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic promotion is still on

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Not very funny though, is it? Not as funny as "There was a young woman from Ealing..."
    Is that?

There was a young woman from Ealing
    Who kept her feet up on the ceiling
    Then the day Notts County won
    She strangely fell down
    With a weird sensation of reeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Is that?

There was a young woman from Ealing
    Who kept her feet up on the ceiling
    Then the day Notts County won
    She strangely fell down
    With a weird sensation of reeling.
    It's not the version I know.

It’s not probable but absolutely a possibility. The ‘fans’ that say we’re in cloud cuckoo land are probably the same that said we would be relegated, then said after 10 games we’d had an easy start, then said in December that we’ve been lucky and will come undone.
    And here we are with four games left still in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Don't be sorry, we're not all pessimists here. Until it becomes mathematically impossible, automatic is still on the table, regardless of how unlikely. Stay optimistic!
    I know that pieeyedand legless sounds negative but really it is very unlikely that we will gain automatic promotion and can see his/her point. Buts lets all keep our fingers crossed that we get the rub of the green

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Gentlemen, I give you a poem from Nottinem's most famous writer - D H Lawrence:

The optimist builds himself safe inside a cell
    and paints the inside walls sky-blue
    and blocks up the door
    and says he’s in heaven.
    Sounds like a good strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    It’s not probable but absolutely a possibility. The ‘fans’ that say we’re in cloud cuckoo land are probably the same that said we would be relegated, then said after 10 games we’d had an easy start, then said in December that we’ve been lucky and will come undone.
    And here we are with four games left still in the running.

We are Notts County, we move on...and up.

The club and its supporters should not give up on automatic promotion until its mathematically impossible.

We may know as early as next Tuesday evening if we don’t beat Colchester tomorrow as Wycombe play Yeovil tomorrow and Lincoln Tuesday. Both games are away from home as well.

If Wycombe win both games and we don’t beat Colchester, we could be 9 or 10 points behind them with 3 games remaining. Game over and playoffs it is.

But and this is where the hope lies, if we beat Colchester and Wycombe draw or lose away at Yeovil tomorrow we will be at best one point behind, at worse two points behind them.

Then they have to go to Lincoln on Tuesday which is a massive game for both sides as that is both teams game in hand. Anything can happen in that game which will affect us. Ideally a draw is the best result for us as it means both teams drop two points.

By 10pm Tuesday evening we should have a better idea of where the land lies going into the last three games.

As I keep saying there will be plenty of twists and turns. Let’s keep the faith.

The simple fact is, that since Xmas, we have rarely gone into games with a positive frame of mind....Nolos pre~match chats have me wanting to slit my wrists ....."every team raises their game against Notts, we have to be careful?"....including the "mighty" Barnet and "Chesterfailed"?....do me a favour...."oh yes, now we will get a reaction because they were beaten 6~2 last week"...oh yes?, maybe they are just **** and we need to score 7 for fun....try it, just for once.

Then we spend half the match trying to "run out the clock" and shepherding 20 players into a space the size of a plate of a Big Mac and fries in midfield....the post~match chat consists of slagging off the ref and complaining that our 6 penno shouts were genuine, or that the most blatant penno for the oppo, Aless playing "scoop the ball out of the area" is a Mansfield conspiracy to deprive us of a win.....errrrrr....no.

Just once, just this once.....can we please go into a match trying to win it...preferably not sneak it.

Oh yes, if I see Forte not in the starting eleven, I am going to kick off, bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The club and its supporters should not give up on automatic promotion until its mathematically impossible.

We may know as early as next Tuesday evening if we don’t beat Colchester tomorrow as Wycombe play Yeovil tomorrow and Lincoln Tuesday. Both games are away from home as well.

If Wycombe win both games and we don’t beat Colchester, we could be 9 or 10 points behind them with 3 games remaining. Game over and playoffs it is.

But and this is where the hope lies, if we beat Colchester and Wycombe draw or lose away at Yeovil tomorrow we will be at best one point behind, at worse two points behind them.

Then they have to go to Lincoln on Tuesday which is a massive game for both sides as that is both teams game in hand. Anything can happen in that game which will affect us. Ideally a draw is the best result for us as it means both teams drop two points.

By 10pm Tuesday evening we should have a better idea of where the land lies going into the last three games.

As I keep saying there will be plenty of twists and turns. Let’s keep the faith.
    It’s less complicated than that. If we don’t win tomorrow it’s game over for the autos, and if Wycombe win against Lincoln it’s more than likely game over.

Whatever’s else happens, going into the playoffs in good form will be more than helpful.

And so is my marriage to Kylie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12