+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are notts financially in trouble ??

are notts financially in trouble ??

loosing 30k a week on top of our projected season loss of 1.5 mill
    also claims are being made we own just over 4 mill to paragon.

is alan hardy out of his depth ??
    does he have the means to take notts forward ??
    is a bloke thats only worth 10 million quid rich enough to take notts to the next level ??

he may have notts interests at heart but these figures are worrying

Quote Originally Posted by sirlesbradd View Post

is a bloke thats only worth 10 million quid rich enough to take notts to the next level ??

Hasn't he already said he can't take us beyond div1 without support?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Hasn't he already said he can't take us beyond div1 without support?
    Yes he has

Didn't AH say earlier in the season that we were doing better financially than had been predicted? Can't see that things have nosedived over the period of a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Yes he has
    no he said he can get us out of league 1 but once we in championship he can't substain us anymore

No, we are not in trouble financially....AH set a budget, we are inside that budget loss.....crowds are on the up and we are well~placed for the play~offs....most companies lend money between profitable and non~profitable sectors of their empire, and charge interest, in this case 4%?...standard practise.

He is about to cull out some dead wood from the wage structure, Notts is now worth more than when he bought us IMO....so his investment is pretty safe.

The big test is consolidation in L1, if we get there and whether he can find investors to back him to make a play for the Championship...he seems confident that he can get us there, but keeping us in the Championship will take a lot more investment than he has....and he knows it, which is refreshing in its honesty

First things first....L1, then think again

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    No, we are not in trouble financially....AH set a budget, we are inside that budget loss.....crowds are on the up and we are well~placed for the play~offs....most companies lend money between profitable and non~profitable sectors of their empire, and charge interest, in this case 4%?...standard practise.

He is about to cull out some dead wood from the wage structure, Notts is now worth more than when he bought us IMO....so his investment is pretty safe.

The big test is consolidation in L1, if we get there and whether he can find investors to back him to make a play for the Championship...he seems confident that he can get us there, but keeping us in the Championship will take a lot more investment than he has....and he knows it, which is refreshing in its honesty

First things first....L1, then think again
    thankyou for a sensible post, I guess I saw the figures and I worried that alan is out his depth.

I'm not suprised he can't substain us in the championship, some of the transfer fees for players in that league are ridiculas. you see clubs paying 5 mill for a player, 10 year ago that would have got you a.good premier league player - ridiculas money.

it's going to be interesting to see how burton survive in league 1 next season, will they end up like Portsmouth and go down again ??

I thought I read he was worth 80 million.

I think if Notts aren't promoted this season or next season then the problems will arise.

thankyou for a sensible post, I guess I saw the figures and I worried that alan is out his depth.

I'm not suprised he can't substain us in the championship, some of the transfer fees for players in that league are ridiculas. you see clubs paying 5 mill for a player, 10 year ago that would have got you a.good premier league player - ridiculas money.

it's going to be interesting to see how burton survive in league 1 next season, will they end up like Portsmouth and go down again ??
    It is not so much the transfer fees IMO, it is the wages and bonuses.....to hold onto half~decent players as you go through the leagues...you have to double their wages, possibly treble them.....Yeovil found this out a few years ago, they were making a reasonable profit before promotion but went into a huge loss.....their increase in crowds could simply not pay for the increased wages....I understand that you get increased tv money and league payouts, but it is a delicate balancing act....and not for the faint~hearted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast