+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T charity event.

O/T charity event.

6 of us are planning a fundraising event for charity.

3 ex Marines and and 3 ex Paras are going to complete a series of activities.

This will be 10 Marathons in 10 days followed by a bike ride from New York stadium to an early away game at the start of next season.

I’m asking early as we are still in the planning stage and asking if anyone wants to participate in any of the Marathons or the bike ride at the start of next season?

We’re hoping to raise over 1 £ million pounds for 4 charities which are

Help the heroes.
    Cancer research.
    Alzheimer’s
    And a local one to Rotherham to be decided.

Not sure if anyone on here is into fitness and stuff but if so private message me if you want to be involved?

I will of course nearer time be on asking for donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

This will be 10 Marathons in 10 days followed by a bike ride from New York stadium to an early away game at the start of next season.

I’m asking early as we are still in the planning stage and asking if anyone wants to participate in any of the Marathons or the bike ride at the start of next season?

Help the heroes.
    Cancer research.
    Alzheimer’s

Not sure if anyone on here is into fitness and stuff but if so private message me if you want to be involved?

Fantastic Yak, I may be into the marathon if possible either way I will help with sponsorship

Thanks GM I will be update when I have more details.

Good luck in getting past your target Yak.
    Would have loved to have done the bike ride unfortunately I will be there in ' spirit ' only.

Good lad Yak, put me down for one of the marathons, dates permitting. I would also like to arm wrestle you for a hundred quid if you're up for it.
    Kind regards
    Sota.

Good luck with your fundraising, couldn't see yak punching on the list of activities though.

Good to see you've picked local and UK charities instead of sending the money overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Good lad Yak, put me down for one of the marathons, dates permitting. I would also like to arm wrestle you for a hundred quid if you're up for it.
    Kind regards
    Sota.
    Of course Sota on both fronts. 😊
    Your correct Grist I lost my temper yesterday and I apologise to anyone offended by my comments apart from the one I aimed them at.

For the ones who have private messaged me and on the thread I will be in touch.

Help the heroes.
    Cancer research.
    Alzheimer’s

Rotherham Hospice ?
    Money's tight

Of course Sota on both fronts. 😊
    Your correct Grist I lost my temper yesterday and I apologise to anyone offended by my comments apart from the one I aimed them at.

For the ones who have private messaged me and on the thread I will be in touch.
    Wasn't making comment about previous threads, it was what you had said in the past about how you got the nickname Yak

The arm wrestling and marathon are off Yak, sorry. I’ve just slipped on some black ice and done my shoulder and back in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast