Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: St Johnstone game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,118

    St Johnstone game

    The last time we played them at dens they played all their experienced players and totally dominated the game.I'd be looking for a bit more experience in our team and a more physical side to our game. Too many in dark blue never turned up and the outcome was never in doubt. Thankfully we have both McGowan and Kamara available so we should be fine in midfield.defence and attack need grow a pair.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    The last time we played them at dens they played all their experienced players and totally dominated the game.I'd be looking for a bit more experience in our team and a more physical side to our game. Too many in dark blue never turned up and the outcome was never in doubt. Thankfully we have both McGowan and Kamara available so we should be fine in midfield.defence and attack need grow a pair.
    They have a few out.

    A better and more organised/disciplined performance will get us a result.

    Expect this to be a real tasty affair, gotta be up for it whilst keeping 11 players on the park.

    Think we will get a decent crowd as well closer to 6k than 5k.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    585
    ***** we score first...if at all...think we will come good for this game but the fat paddy does organise well....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    545
    Looking for a home win at last, but the usual problem, who's gonna score. Hope mcann doesn't go with moussa and leitch smith, but I fear he will.
    A home win will give us confidence for the run in ,regardless of other results
    Would like to see Wighton on from the start, and el back looks to have played his last game for the Dee.

    Mon the Dee !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Looking for a home win at last, but the usual problem, who's gonna score. Hope mcann doesn't go with moussa and leitch smith, but I fear he will.
    A home win will give us confidence for the run in ,regardless of other results
    Would like to see Wighton on from the start, and el back looks to have played his last game for the Dee.

    Mon the Dee !
    Think he has to go with Moussa (best option) would be surprised if he didn't.

    I'll go 2-1 Dundee but st j price far too big as is Hamilton.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    hope that we don't get surprised by a change in tactics forced on St J by their injuries and regular players missing. IMO this is our most important game of the post split series. Win this and we have got a much better chance of avoiding the play off spot. Lose it and we will be the target. Has all the hallmarks of a careless and overconfident Dee side getting beaten because of complacency before the game.
    All you ever read from the players is that they have been letting themselves down, they are a better team than their position in the league is showing, they owe their supporters a performance etc. I'll be watching their shootie in practice before the game and if it's the usual poor stuff then I'm afraid they still haven't got the message that they need to try a lot harder and work for each other.
    Agree that Moussa is best bet to play.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,493
    Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    The last time we played them at dens they played all their experienced players and totally dominated the game.I'd be looking for a bit more experience in our team and a more physical side to our game. Too many in dark blue never turned up and the outcome was never in doubt. Thankfully we have both McGowan and Kamara available so we should be fine in midfield.defence and attack need grow a pair.
    The last time at Dens NM’s selection and tactics cost us the game.

    Heres hoping he’s learnt the lesson.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The last time at Dens NM’s selection and tactics cost us the game.

    Heres hoping he’s learnt the lesson.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,365
    Moussa being the best option is scary and true

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •