+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: St Johnstone game

St Johnstone game

The last time we played them at dens they played all their experienced players and totally dominated the game.I'd be looking for a bit more experience in our team and a more physical side to our game. Too many in dark blue never turned up and the outcome was never in doubt. Thankfully we have both McGowan and Kamara available so we should be fine in midfield.defence and attack need grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    The last time we played them at dens they played all their experienced players and totally dominated the game.I'd be looking for a bit more experience in our team and a more physical side to our game. Too many in dark blue never turned up and the outcome was never in doubt. Thankfully we have both McGowan and Kamara available so we should be fine in midfield.defence and attack need grow a pair.
    They have a few out.

A better and more organised/disciplined performance will get us a result.

Expect this to be a real tasty affair, gotta be up for it whilst keeping 11 players on the park.

Think we will get a decent crowd as well closer to 6k than 5k.

***** we score first...if at all...think we will come good for this game but the fat paddy does organise well....

Looking for a home win at last, but the usual problem, who's gonna score. Hope mcann doesn't go with moussa and leitch smith, but I fear he will.
    A home win will give us confidence for the run in ,regardless of other results
    Would like to see Wighton on from the start, and el back looks to have played his last game for the Dee.

Mon the Dee !

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Looking for a home win at last, but the usual problem, who's gonna score. Hope mcann doesn't go with moussa and leitch smith, but I fear he will.
    A home win will give us confidence for the run in ,regardless of other results
    Would like to see Wighton on from the start, and el back looks to have played his last game for the Dee.

Mon the Dee !
    Think he has to go with Moussa (best option) would be surprised if he didn't.

I'll go 2-1 Dundee but st j price far too big as is Hamilton.

hope that we don't get surprised by a change in tactics forced on St J by their injuries and regular players missing. IMO this is our most important game of the post split series. Win this and we have got a much better chance of avoiding the play off spot. Lose it and we will be the target. Has all the hallmarks of a careless and overconfident Dee side getting beaten because of complacency before the game.
    All you ever read from the players is that they have been letting themselves down, they are a better team than their position in the league is showing, they owe their supporters a performance etc. I'll be watching their shootie in practice before the game and if it's the usual poor stuff then I'm afraid they still haven't got the message that they need to try a lot harder and work for each other.
    Agree that Moussa is best bet to play.

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    The last time at Dens NM’s selection and tactics cost us the game.

Heres hoping he’s learnt the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The last time at Dens NM’s selection and tactics cost us the game.

Heres hoping he’s learnt the lesson.

Moussa being the best option is scary and true

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)