+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sell or get rid of....

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I think Wiedwald would be better on the right of midfield than Grot so thats not much of a challenge for Cibicki lol

Does he really have that much pace? Honestly can't say I've ever seen it. Maybe I've not watched him properly, just looks weak and spindly + easily knocked off the ball/no positional awareness. If he does have the attitude problem as you say he won't be here come next season and rightly so if PH is still manager.
    ?????????

I think Wiedwald would be better on the right of midfield than Grot so thats not much of a challenge for Cibicki lol

Does he really have that much pace? Honestly can't say I've ever seen it. Maybe I've not watched him properly, just looks weak and spindly + easily knocked off the ball/no positional awareness. If he does have the attitude problem as you say he won't be here come next season and rightly so if PH is still manager.
    I saw him play with Roofe and Alioski and he made them both look slow and neither of them are pedestrian. Was getting driven early crosses in too from which Roofe scored.

I agree re sacko he has echoes but poor mans echoes of Perry Groves who would take half the pitch to get the ball under control and then give it away.

I remember being at Highbury in an FA Cup game in the early 90smand Batty flattened him tackling him into touch and the snow on the side of the pitch. he went off after that and Batts got a huge cheer from the Highbury faithful.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I saw him play with Roofe and Alioski and he made them both look slow and neither of them are pedestrian. Was getting driven early crosses in too from which Roofe scored.

I agree re sacko he has echoes but poor mans echoes of Perry Groves who would take half the pitch to get the ball under control and then give it away.

I remember being at Highbury in an FA Cup game in the early 90smand Batty flattened him tackling him into touch and the snow on the side of the pitch. he went off after that and Batts got a huge cheer from the Highbury faithful.
    It was the reference to Wiedwald that raised the "??????". Did you mean him?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It was the reference to Wiedwald that raised the "??????". Did you mean him?
    ah I see - no was chatting about Cibicki and how couldn’t believe Grot played rm ahead of him. Joel safely pointed out he would prefer FW there than Grot somewhat with tongue firmly in cheek but thinking about Grot on the wing maybe not ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Wiedwald lonergan ayling berardi debock jansson Cooper forshaw okane Anita klich Murphy bouy alioski Dallas sacko cibicki hernandez Saiz roofe ekuban and antonsson

They're all 24 or older, so not young anymore, they've all been part of a losing mentality at Leeds, so get rid of them all and let's just start again

Get in by any means nesessary 18 top championship quality players. These are then backed up by our promising players aged 23 or younger, that way then we will finish in the top 2 and we can say goodbye to this horrendously horrible league and be back in the division that the fans deserve to have their team in, the Premier league!
    The club have stated publicly that 100% of the proceeds of ST sales will go to "player transfers or salaries". Mrs O pointed out that for those players of what you might call "average" salaries, but stupidly extended contracts, it will cost about £3m per to get rid if we can't sell (and who the f00k would buy what we have for sale (that we actually WANT to sell)?).

So.......we can "afford" to get rid of 3, maybe 4 of the stellar crew you mention, but not buy any replacements or players who would strengthen he squad. Not exactly reassuring.

I wouldn't expect specific figures to be bandied about, but without some new money (and no, not billions, but several million over and above ST revenues), next season could be finished even earlier than this one.

The club have stated publicly that 100% of the proceeds of ST sales will go to "player transfers or salaries". Mrs O pointed out that for those players of what you might call "average" salaries, but stupidly extended contracts, it will cost about £3m per to get rid if we can't sell (and who the f00k would buy what we have for sale (that we actually WANT to sell)?).

So.......we can "afford" to get rid of 3, maybe 4 of the stellar crew you mention, but not buy any replacements or players who would strengthen he squad. Not exactly reassuring.

I wouldn't expect specific figures to be bandied about, but without some new money (and no, not billions, but several million over and above ST revenues), next season could be finished even earlier than this one.
    Lasoggas wages alone will fund two good players. Pennington is a loan. O’Kane will get picked up even if only on loan (but takes salary off books). FW will go back to mainland Europe (flak jacket on I still think he would be decent behind a good back 4). Think Beradi may leave as must be sick of playing lb. Cibicki is highly rated in Europe and if PH stays he goes.

think the ones who may be harder to move will be Grot, Anita and Sacko but the others will make sur the wage budget is reduced.

For me let the talent at TA have a chance and supplement with four players; CB, CM, ST and GK (assuming BPF will be only one he wants to retain).

Lasoggas wages alone will fund two good players. Pennington is a loan. O’Kane will get picked up even if only on loan (but takes salary off books). FW will go back to mainland Europe (flak jacket on I still think he would be decent behind a good back 4). Think Beradi may leave as must be sick of playing lb. Cibicki is highly rated in Europe and if PH stays he goes.

think the ones who may be harder to move will be Grot, Anita and Sacko but the others will make sur the wage budget is reduced.

For me let the talent at TA have a chance and supplement with four players; CB, CM, ST and GK (assuming BPF will be only one he wants to retain).
    Sorry, but Leeds are not paying anywhere near Lassoggas wages, which is why his home club want rid too!), so him going back after the loan would simply be one in, one out (at best). Okane has been abysmal for a long time, and heaven knows why he has been in the st team as a starter for so long, so would be as hard to shift as any of the "difficult" ones you mention. any club stupid enough to express an interest in Wiedwald can have him, but I just can't see it, unless they are desperate, in which case he will go for nothing. If Berardi leaves, that a hole that will need filling, no matter what the wage savings (very short term) might be.

None of the above matters if there is no budget left to actually acquire new, quality replacements/strengthening to the squad. You mention four positions, and let's say the costs of each would be around what we paid for Forshaw? Thats about £12m, plus 9 to get rid of the three wastes of space you mention, so about £21m minimum "investment" to address just those you named...........

Then.......Lonergan, De Bock, Cooper, Klich, Bouy, Ekuban, not to mention the others who are still out on loan and appear unlikely ever to return in a Leeds shirt, (Ineguchi, Murphy, Antonsson etc etc etc). Double what is required for the first "tranche" and you're getting to where we need to be.

Question is, is £40m+ likely to be available, to fund a clear out of the sh1te that Orta has foisted on us, and provide the sort of quality core that is essential if we're not going to finish where we are now? Answers on a postcard to;

It's not Likely
    c/o Championship football on a shoestring
    Paupers Road
    Nowhereville
    SH1T 0RT4

Sorry, but Leeds are not paying anywhere near Lassoggas wages, which is why his home club want rid too!), so him going back after the loan would simply be one in, one out (at best). Okane has been abysmal for a long time, and heaven knows why he has been in the st team as a starter for so long, so would be as hard to shift as any of the "difficult" ones you mention. any club stupid enough to express an interest in Wiedwald can have him, but I just can't see it, unless they are desperate, in which case he will go for nothing. If Berardi leaves, that a hole that will need filling, no matter what the wage savings (very short term) might be.

None of the above matters if there is no budget left to actually acquire new, quality replacements/strengthening to the squad. You mention four positions, and let's say the costs of each would be around what we paid for Forshaw? Thats about £12m, plus 9 to get rid of the three wastes of space you mention, so about £21m minimum "investment" to address just those you named...........

Then.......Lonergan, De Bock, Cooper, Klich, Bouy, Ekuban, not to mention the others who are still out on loan and appear unlikely ever to return in a Leeds shirt, (Ineguchi, Murphy, Antonsson etc etc etc). Double what is required for the first "tranche" and you're getting to where we need to be.

Question is, is £40m+ likely to be available, to fund a clear out of the sh1te that Orta has foisted on us, and provide the sort of quality core that is essential if we're not going to finish where we are now? Answers on a postcard to;

It's not Likely
    c/o Championship football on a shoestring
    Paupers Road
    Nowhereville
    SH1T 0RT4
    Even if the loanees leave that will free up wages for 3 to 4 better players when coupled with the promised investment.

We managed to move on Doukara and Diagouria (sic) so all things are possible.

I am am prepared to wait to see if they can pleasantly surprise us all.

First order of of the day is what they do with PH - like him but think his career trajectory has caught up with him and now out of his depth.

I remember that one game where he looked good but other than that all the rest of his performances he did nothing as far as I can remember including the debacle at Newport

Think you're living in cloud cuckoo land tbh Clive if you think getting rid of Forshaw and Ailing in particular is a good idea.

This is what I'd do:

Keep for first team-
    Jansson (ONLY if we sign a quality CB to play with him, otherwise I'd sell)
    Ayling
    Forshaw
    Saiz
    Hernandez

Keep as back up players-
    Cooper (Yes I know, but he is ok and we don't have funds to be signing an entire new squad)
    Berardi
    Dallas
    Alioski (I still think there is a good player in there somewhere, he works hard, just needs to stop going down)
    Phillips
    Vieira
    Roofe

Get rid ASAP-
    Pennington
    Anita
    Wiedwald
    Lonergan
    O'Kane
    Sacko
    Lassoga (Preferably right now)
    Grot (NOW)
    Cibicki

Undecided (not seen enough)
    De Bock (Can't genuinely say whether he is/isn't good enough)
    Roberts

I've left the youngsters out as we can't be pinning our hopes on them coming good and none of them have set the world alight imo yet.

This squad needs about 6/7 first team signings as well as 3/4 back up signings, I genuinely don't see us going up any time soon sadly.
    basically agree with this, but I'd like to see Cibicki again. obviously, two coaches haven't rated him, but I liked the fact that looks to cross early.
    Also. I think that at 19, grot should get another year in the U23's. he should not have been ist team this year and should not have played up front (just beacause he's big). guess most will laugh at this, but I think there's a player in there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)