+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Millwall

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Millwall

So pretty much everything said ahead of the Middlesbrough match, now stands for this afternoons game versus Millwall. A side on an excellent run of form, unbeaten in 12 games. Probably a must win, and definitely a must not lose. A draw won't be great, but with Bristol City and Boro playing each other today it might NOT fully end the season for us. Problem is, unless we win today, can we really overturn a 3 point gap and inferior goal difference with just 3 games left.....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Stearman to return?

Stick with Moore or Blackman making a return?

Duffy a starter?

Or remain unchanged throughout?

Millwall will be rightfully full of confidence and have a large following this afternoon. Including a number of unsavoury characters apparently travelling up without tickets. Hopefully this afternoon will be all about the match, and a positive result would be nice. Another 2-1 would be great, a win by a larger margin would excellent and extremely useful, but 3 points are all that matters today. Keep your wits about you today folks, and stay safe. 2-1 Blades win.

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So pretty much everything said ahead of the Middlesbrough match, now stands for this afternoons game versus Millwall. A side on an excellent run of form, unbeaten in 12 games. Probably a must win, and definitely a must not lose. A draw won't be great, but with Bristol City and Boro playing each other today it might NOT fully end the season for us. Problem is, unless we win today, can we really overturn a 3 point gap and inferior goal difference with just 3 games left.....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Stearman to return?

Stick with Moore or Blackman making a return?

Duffy a starter?

Or remain unchanged throughout?

Millwall will be rightfully full of confidence and have a large following this afternoon. Including a number of unsavoury characters apparently travelling up without tickets. Hopefully this afternoon will be all about the match, and a positive result would be nice. Another 2-1 would be great, a win by a larger margin would excellent and extremely useful, but 3 points are all that matters today. Keep your wits about you today folks, and stay safe. 2-1 Blades win.

UTB
    2-0 win for us,i expect Dicky to return if he's anywhere near fit,plenty of selections on Sean's team thread mate.I can't believe any unsavoury types are comin from Millwall tho.UTCB

Shyte or bust. Part 2. Like to see Stearman and Blackman in, other than that 100% from the lads in red and white and see if we can stop Millwall in their tracks.

we,ll lose today 2-1 our forwards dont score and no way will we score a worldie like the other night again. should be an action packed game but heart break in the end

How about we get a last minute winner for a change.

Real 50/50 game this. Millwall have momentum we have home advantage. A big game for Baldock and Stevens to keep their wingers quiet and our strikers really need to turn up today. A nervy 2-1 will do for me.

3-0 United stroll to victory today,drinks in the sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    2-0 win for us,i expect Dicky to return if he's anywhere near fit,plenty of selections on Sean's team thread mate.I can't believe any unsavoury types are comin from Millwall tho.UTCB
    All the Millwall supporters I have ever met and chatted to, though I admit, not that many in number, have been genuinely decent blokes and proper supporters. I’ve always respected Millwall who, like SUFC, is predominantly a working class club, living in the shadow of a “massive” and “glamorous” neignbour, yet somehow managing to survive. And any supporters who dislike West Ham are alright by me.
    It should be a good game this afternoon. I just hope the idiots (from both sides) don’t manage to spoil it for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    All the Millwall supporters I have ever met and chatted to, though I admit, not that many in number, have been genuinely decent blokes and proper supporters. I’ve always respected Millwall who, like SUFC, is predominantly a working class club, living in the shadow of a “massive” and “glamorous” neignbour, yet somehow managing to survive. And any supporters who dislike West Ham are alright by me.
    It should be a good game this afternoon. I just hope the idiots (from both sides) don’t manage to spoil it for the rest of us.
    I echo that for the exact same reasons

Jamal Blackman and Richard Stearman start for the Blades in the crucial lunchtime encounter with Millwall.

The duo replace Simon Moore and Jake Wright, who drop to the bench.

Blades: Blackman, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Lundstram, Clarke, Stearman, L Evans, Brooks.
    Subs: Moore, Sharp, Donaldson, Wright, Leonard, Duffy, Lafferty.

Millwall: Archer, Meredith, Hutchison, Williams, Gregory, Romeo, Wallace, Morison, Saville, Cooper, Marshall.
    Subs: Cahill, Onyedinma, Martin, Tunnicliffe, Elliott, O'Brien, Shackell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast