+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Wigan v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Wigan v The Millers

I may be ultra negative at the moment which leads me to believe that if we win this game it'll be the best win of the season and let us be honest we've had a few of them.

Will whats his name was in the startint 11 when we played these away from home at about the same period of the season during a successful year with Ronnie Moore at the helm. What would you give for that today? A win against the odds that set us up!

There is one thing that hasn't been mentioned much and that is the connection Paul Warne has with Wigan. In fact he isn't alone! There must be a desire within the management to put their own boots on and give their all for The Millers today. I suppose the best we can wish for is that the players at least match that desire and go out and match them football wise. If they can do that then at least they'll be in with a ch better chance of taking the spoils. If we don't play with pashion then we'll be steam rollered.

The team selection will be interesting today. I think that Ajayi will be replaced at the back with Vaulks which will see him partener Woods. If it is successful then apart from injuries or suspentions it'll stay like that util the season ends.

I'll go as far as saying that Purrington will be the MoM at the end of play. Emmanuel will be well supported by Forde. Palmer may go missing so it will be important for Towell to be talking to him all the way through the game. Newell will have is work cut out today defencively and we'll have to see if he is up to it. Ball and Smith will have to be pretty close together so that they're not crowded out.

It will be nice if we get at them wouldn't it?

As long as we give a good account of ourselves I'll be happy!!!!

yep hiding to nowt today. Owt we get will be a massive bonus. I'll be keeplng my eye on the other results today as much as ours to see what ground teams are making on us.

its hard to say who we should want to win in others because apart from Charlton all our rivals are playing each other. Maybe draws all round wouldn't be terrible. Charlton are playing rochdale so a win for rochers would be good for us. Come on Keith Hill (you little sweetie) and the dale. At least Rochdale still have summat to play for and have a decent chance of escaping relegation.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-04-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Well, on paper it looks like a possible drubbing.

However, Blackpool went there in february and won 2-0

Scunny got a 3-3 draw there.

So it might not be as predictable as some think.

If we lose it will be basic defending errors at the back that will let us down (again)

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    yep hiding to nowt today. Owt we get will be a massive bonus. I'll be keeplng my eye on the other results today as much as ours to see what ground teams are making on us.

its hard to say who we should want to win in others because apart from Charlton all our rivals are playing each other. Maybe draws all round wouldn't be terrible. Charlton are playing rochdale so a win for rochers would be good for us. Come on Keith Hill (you little sweetie) and the dale. At least Rochdale still have summat to play for and have a decent chance of escaping relegation.
    Peterborough are playing Rochdale. Obviously still want Rochdale to win.

Yep very likely grist. A good defensive performance is a must if we are to get owt.

Silly billy i am wrinks, you are right charlton are playing scunny.

Yep very likely grist. A good defensive performance is a must if we are to get owt.

Silly billy i am wrinks, you are right charlton are playing scunny.
    No problem Roly. It's an age thing combined with end of season nerves.
    I agree that draws all round for our play-off rivals (and a loss for posh) should be ok, although we won't know until the end of the season.
    If I had to pick one of the chasing bunch to win it would probably be Pompey, as Plymouth are a point in front with a game in hand and in too good form for my liking. Who knows though? It's not going to be decided today.
    As for us - even a one goal defeat but a good performance wouldn't be the end of the world. A mistake ridden drubbing would not be welcome and a point or 3 would be fantastic.
    I'll go mad and predict a 2-1 win for our lads.

TEAM v @LaticsOfficial | Rodak; Emmanuel, Ihiekwe, Wood, Purrington; Taylor, Vaulks, Towell, Palmer, Williams; Smith.

SUBS | Price, Forde, Ball, Yates, Cummings, Lavery. #rufc

No Newell presume knacked. Only 6 subs according to that.

4 5 1 then it is and Ajayi dropped for Iekwe. Or is Ajayi knacked as well?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-04-2018 at 01:06 PM.

My opinion Wigan were the best team to play at the NYS this season, their 2 wing backs taught the Millers how to attack that day, which I thought a few games on that Mattock & Emmanual picked up their game, in actually get a more attacking dimension into their game.

Hopefully the team will have learnt from the mistakes at NYS, & will take the game to Wigan from the kick off.

Correction we do have 7 subs Ajayi is one of em.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-04-2018 at 01:10 PM.

TEAM v @LaticsOfficial | Rodak; Emmanuel, Ihiekwe, Wood, Purrington; Taylor, Vaulks, Towell, Palmer, Williams; Smith.

SUBS | Price, Forde, Ball, Yates, Cummings, Lavery. #rufc

No Newell presume knacked. Only 6 subs according to that.

4 5 1 then it is and Ajayi dropped for Iekwe. Or is Ajayi knacked as well?
    Maybe Warne has written off this game and is trying to keep key players fit for the play offs

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast