+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Match Thread vs. Colchester United (14.04.18)

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Amazing turnaround.....for 50 minutes we were not in this game, Colchester dominated the first half and hit the post at the start of the 2nd with Collin scrambling across the box to try to get a hand on a header.

Notts went straight up the other end...cross to the near post, flicked on and Forte calmly slotted it in, took a couple of steps towards the Notts fans behind the goal and calmly saluted them.....Mr Cool as a pointy vegetable.

You could visibly see Colchester drop their heads....the 2nd Notts goal was simply oustanding in its simplicity...a quick throw out by Collin, who had obviously been told to speed the game up, Virtue ran the full length of the wing with Toots for company, fed Toots who cut inside the defender and hammered it low and hard into the box to Forte, thunderous shot that the keeper parried to Shola, who threw his whole body at the rebound...oh what joy

Notts pretty much dominated the game from then on and the 3rd goal was a simple glancing header by Duffers from a free kick 10 yards outside their box.

Rarely have I seen a game of two completely different halves.....whatever Nolo said at halftime he needs to record and say it again at the start of the next game....tremendous Notts 2nd half performance.

Automatic promotion is still on the cards

What he said.....

Just home after a long drive, no access to commentary so literally had the wife reading out the updates on the sky app all the way back. Two wins down, three to go . . . COYP!

Amazing turnaround.....for 50 minutes we were not in this game, Colchester dominated the first half and hit the post at the start of the 2nd with Collin scrambling across the box to try to get a hand on a header.

Notts went straight up the other end...cross to the near post, flicked on and Forte calmly slotted it in, took a couple of steps towards the Notts fans behind the goal and calmly saluted them.....Mr Cool as a pointy vegetable.

You could visibly see Colchester drop their heads....the 2nd Notts goal was simply oustanding in its simplicity...a quick throw out by Collin, who had obviously been told to speed the game up, Virtue ran the full length of the wing with Toots for company, fed Toots who cut inside the defender and hammered it low and hard into the box to Forte, thunderous shot that the keeper parried to Shola, who threw his whole body at the rebound...oh what joy

Notts pretty much dominated the game from then on and the 3rd goal was a simple glancing header by Duffers from a free kick 10 yards outside their box.

Rarely have I seen a game of two completely different halves.....whatever Nolo said at halftime he needs to record and say it again at the start of the next game....tremendous Notts 2nd half performance.

Automatic promotion is still on the cards
    Having watched the highlights again this morning....I thought I might give a special mention to Virtue, not only did he set up the 2nd goal by running the full length of the wing and set up Toots to cross, he was also the first to react to the thunderous strike by Forte, that the keeper could only parry....the keeper parried that shot as well and Shola then scored.....this lad has a decent engine in him, box to box, lovely direct style of play and is certainly getting "stuck in" as his confidence is growing.

I am starting to like the lad....if he keeps playing like that, Hawk and Aless are going to struggle to get back into the side.

Lets not forget about Exeter. Chesterfield home on Tuesday Crawley home on Saturday followed by Stevenage away and Last game Colchester home. Would like to think we could nick 3rd spot but 4th or 5th could be more realistic but like someone said win our last 3 and who knows where it might take us.

I thought I might give a special mention to Virtue, not only did he set up the 2nd goal by running the full length of the wing and set up Toots to cross, he was also the first to react to the thunderous strike by Forte, that the keeper could only parry....the keeper parried that shot as well and Shola then scored.....this lad has a decent engine in him, box to box, lovely direct style of play and is certainly getting "stuck in" as his confidence is growing.

I am starting to like the lad....if he keeps playing like that, Hawk and Aless are going to struggle to get back into the side.
    I think Virtue has had a bit of a raw deal on here in general. He's not a flashy sort of player who will get you on the edge of your seat too often by any means, but he's obviously well coached and does much of his good work off the ball, always being in the right place to give the team some shape and balance. Against Coventry in the last home game he not only offered good protection to Tootle, he also made some really good forward runs that we didn't make the most of. He could be a useful squad member for the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think Virtue has had a bit of a raw deal on here in general. He's not a flashy sort of player who will get you on the edge of your seat too often by any means, but he's obviously well coached and does much of his good work off the ball, always being in the right place to give the team some shape and balance. Against Coventry in the last home game he not only offered good protection to Tootle, he also made some really good forward runs that we didn't make the most of. He could be a useful squad member for the last few games.
    I think when Virtue joined us, most people could not understand why we had acquired another 2 midfielders when we already had Grant, Hewey, Noble, Milsom, Aless, Hawk and O~Connor all on the books....they were looking for something "special" to make him stand out from the 9 midfielders in total.....as you say, he is not flashy so it seemed a waste of time

IMO, he and Toots have formed an understanding now, similar to Jones and Grant earlier in the season and the main reason that Grant was finding so much space....the left hand side seems to have "dried up" now and the main threat has moved to the right~hand side....the young lad is starting to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's why Liverpool are still playing him in there under 23 team in the week

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910