+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Have you had a flutter?

O/T Have you had a flutter?

Most people have a flutter on the Grand National...if you were one of them what did you flutter on?

These are mine...

Tiger Roll

Raz De Maree

Milansbar

All each way and small stakes.

Boing boing !!

I don't bet, gambling is mugs game. I would sooner spend my money on a day out or a meal.

My tip is that a horse will win it, and i'll tell you something else, those horses would run a lot faster if they didn't have those silly looking little men on their backs.

Anyone seen pictures of Frankie Detori and his missus? FFS, the mind boggles.

All depends how you treat it the Grand National is not betting race really that's why I asked did anyone have a flutter in the betting shop or a sweep stake at work.

The every day to day racing can be very profitable if you treat it like an investment program, if your bet loses that's it...don't chase losses. There is always tomorrow.

I am currently running at 35% winners and the average price is 9/2.

The art of it is waiting until everything is in your favour....patience is a virtue in racing.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Most people have a flutter on the Grand National...if you were one of them what did you flutter on?

These are mine...

Tiger Roll

Raz De Maree

Milansbar

All each way and small stakes.

Boing boing !!
    BOOOOM we have a winner plus a big priced place....luvvly jubbly,,,you know it makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    All depends how you treat it the Grand National is not betting race really that's why I asked did anyone have a flutter in the betting shop or a sweep stake at work.

The every day to day racing can be very profitable if you treat it like an investment program, if your bet loses that's it...don't chase losses. There is always tomorrow.

I am currently running at 35% winners and the average price is 9/2.

The art of it is waiting until everything is in your favour....patience is a virtue in racing.
    Have to agree GLM and whilst not as profitable as you I certainly make a profit year on year and have done for about 10 years. Can be a mugs game but for those who can manage staking with their heads and not their hearts then it is a great sport and doesn’t need to be expensive. Also plenty more information available free on the internet, including replays of previous runs, so that for those who are interested enough, trying to work out the puzzle is a most enjoyable and rewarding pastime.

Forgot to say well done today. Not a race I like to bet in but I had a free £5 bet from Skybet so I had £5 Win on Annabale Fly. Good run for my money and yes I could have had it ew but as it was a free bet, gave it a try.
    Last edited by Yarmbaggie; 14-04-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Have to agree GLM and whilst not as profitable as you I certainly make a profit year on year and have done for about 10 years. Can be a mugs game but for those who can manage staking with their heads and not their hearts then it is a great sport and doesn’t need to be expensive. Also plenty more information available free on the internet, including replays of previous runs, so that for those who are interested enough, trying to work out the puzzle is a most enjoyable and rewarding pastime.

Forgot to say well done today. Not a race I like to bet in but I had a free £5 bet from Skybet so I had £5 Win on Annabale Fly. Good run for my money and yes I could have had it ew but as it was a free bet, gave it a try.
    I bet mainly with 365 and they were giving half your money back on each way bets, so very little outlay really.

My money maker was Black Op in the 2-25...2nd to wonder horse Samcro lto...won at 3/1, mighty close though.

Yes I do 365 as well. I like the 4/1 offer because like you that is the sort of odds I like. Had one bet today £5 win with them on Thomas Patrick which I put on last night at 4/1. Had a free £5 bet in the next race but fancied Wholestone who got outstayed by Identity Thief.

Kicking myself for not backing Tiger Roll today. Had him to win Cross Country after hearing Kevin Blake on ATR saying how Gordon Elliot said he was absolutely flying before Cheltenham. Ideal prep for a National and with hindsight made a daft choice but at least got down to 3 to win, Blacklion being the other one, and picked the wrong one from three. Unfortunately, something I do more often than like and that is why for ‘normal’ races I am happy to back more than one if the odds are appropriate and I believe there are only 2 or 3 who can win.

Done that a couple of times on Thursday with success - We have a dream & saver on Apples Shakira, then, L’Ami Serge (5/1 on 365) with saver on Supasundae. That gave me a free bet on Balnaslow who won the next at 11/2. Unfortunately next free bet was on The Inval who came second.

You don’t have to be a mug you just have to take the advantages the bookies do give you to your advantage and as you say be selective. Of course you won’t always be right. I thought yesterday the second race was between Vision des Flos (second) and Global Citizen (unplaced) and backed both and lost on both. Overall though the week will be an overall profit.

No bets tomorrow/Monday and probably not many next week, although I will have a look just in case. Good luck in the future and keep enjoying it. Brilliant sport and better the more you get into it.

When the big meetings come up I usually look for horses that have ran against the super horses...ie. like Black Op that had ran well versus Samcro...at the Cheltenham meeting I found one that had ran third to Buveur D'air and The New One six lengths at same weights
    of 11-7 massive performance
    Next time out at Cheltenham in a handicap he carried only 10-8 he won at 33/1 no pundits or the gob****e presenters picked up on it, do the work mate you reap the benefits. You won't always get massive price like that but today's Black Op made me 300% profit...I can live with that.

How many horses died in yesterday's Grand National? Did the beat Cheltenham this year?
    It's about time jump racing was banned on cruelty reasons, maybe not hurdles, but steeple chasing. It's little better than dog fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    How many horses died in yesterday's Grand National? Did the beat Cheltenham this year?
    It's about time jump racing was banned on cruelty reasons, maybe not hurdles, but steeple chasing. It's little better than dog fighting.
    None.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)