+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Have you had a flutter?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    How many horses died in yesterday's Grand National? Did the beat Cheltenham this year?
    It's about time jump racing was banned on cruelty reasons, maybe not hurdles, but steeple chasing. It's little better than dog fighting.
    Total and utter bollox Chris...if you don't like it turn a blind eye as you do with all the other atrocities that are going on in our country....

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Total and utter bollox Chris...if you don't like it turn a blind eye as you do with all the other atrocities that are going on in our country....
    Do I? How do you know that? I'm glad you agree it's an atrocity.

I'm with Chris on this, animal cruelty disguised as sport, the same as Fox hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Do I? How do you know that? I'm glad you agree it's an atrocity.
    Typical English reply just make a smart arse comment and jump back under the covers....that showed him....
    Of course I think it's an atrocity the same way that millions ....I repeat millions of animals are slaughtered in the quest to put food on the table yet dumped when it's past the sell by date.

Have you bothered to find out the real reason why so many horses get killed nowadays? It never used to happen with such frequency.

I complain at. every given opportunity sign every petition so that things get safer.

It's the so called do-gooders that have helped to bring about the unacceptable situation we have now, the making of 'softer' fences has increased the need for speed therbye the horses these days are not totally national hunt bred but bred with flat racers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Yes I do 365 as well. I like the 4/1 offer because like you that is the sort of odds I like. Had one bet today £5 win with them on Thomas Patrick which I put on last night at 4/1. Had a free £5 bet in the next race but fancied Wholestone who got outstayed by Identity Thief.

Kicking myself for not backing Tiger Roll today. Had him to win Cross Country after hearing Kevin Blake on ATR saying how Gordon Elliot said he was absolutely flying before Cheltenham. Ideal prep for a National and with hindsight made a daft choice but at least got down to 3 to win, Blacklion being the other one, and picked the wrong one from three. Unfortunately, something I do more often than like and that is why for ‘normal’ races I am happy to back more than one if the odds are appropriate and I believe there are only 2 or 3 who can win.

Done that a couple of times on Thursday with success - We have a dream & saver on Apples Shakira, then, L’Ami Serge (5/1 on 365) with saver on Supasundae. That gave me a free bet on Balnaslow who won the next at 11/2. Unfortunately next free bet was on The Inval who came second.

You don’t have to be a mug you just have to take the advantages the bookies do give you to your advantage and as you say be selective. Of course you won’t always be right. I thought yesterday the second race was between Vision des Flos (second) and Global Citizen (unplaced) and backed both and lost on both. Overall though the week will be an overall profit.

No bets tomorrow/Monday and probably not many next week, although I will have a look just in case. Good luck in the future and keep enjoying it. Brilliant sport and better the more you get into it.
    Managed to make a case for Royal Claret who showed. a lot of guts to get up to win lto. Missed the 8's but managed to catch the 6/1 each way also did a rfc with Sahara Haze very small stake on that, Sahara is the rag but was second to the selection lto......Royal into 7/2 now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)