+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    No surprise, I'd disagree with you there.
    This is Hearts third season back in the top flight (3rd, 5th and likely 6th). SevCo are back for the 2nd year and spent so much more than us.
    Hibs are doing well this year, as Hearts did their first year up, but have a major rebuilding situation themselves, losing their CM's and their strikers on loan.

Since the League Cup final, DM has improved our league results, getting a record points total, (even with SevCo and Hearts in the league).

We had a rebuilding job this year and most of us thought that the recruitment was pretty good in the circumstances.
    Unfortunately the players have not played as well as expected / hoped for.
    Its true we have an even bigger task this year and will be very difficult to replace with the quality that's leaving, regardless who the manager is.

As for the 89%, what is that stat for?
    Is it a selective period or all results?
    For reflection, how does it fare against all of Aberdeen's previous managers
    Good post.

Not sure why people are trying to convince fans that aren’t wanting rid of McInnes that he needs to be sacked in the summer,it’s not them that needs to be convinced.The EE is reporting that McInnes has held discussions with Milne about his summer transfer targets,even if every single Dons fan wanted rid of McInnes I don’t think Milne will care,he certainly doesn’t give a flying f@ck about the fans who don’t want to move out to Kingsford.I wouldn’t be surprised if he even knows that some fans don’t want to move out there or they want rid of McInnes.

The best way to let Milne know we are not happy will be by the amount of season tickets sold,if it drops significantly from last year he will take notice but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one with the amount of people signing up for that dna pish.

They discussed his signing targets does this mean that Milne went to dereks for breakfast and Derek had the highlights of league 2 recorded from the previous night?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure why people are trying to convince fans that aren’t wanting rid of McInnes that he needs to be sacked in the summer,it’s not them that needs to be convinced.The EE is reporting that McInnes has held discussions with Milne about his summer transfer targets,even if every single Dons fan wanted rid of McInnes I don’t think Milne will care,he certainly doesn’t give a flying f@ck about the fans who don’t want to move out to Kingsford.I wouldn’t be surprised if he even knows that some fans don’t want to move out there or they want rid of McInnes.

The best way to let Milne know we are not happy will be by the amount of season tickets sold,if it drops significantly from last year he will take notice but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one with the amount of people signing up for that dna pish.
    At the end of the day, the EE know fcuk all. Of course McInnes has held discussions about next season's budget, how else have we signed Devlin, and apparently offered McGeogh a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    At the end of the day, the EE know fcuk all. Of course McInnes has held discussions about next season's budget, how else have we signed Devlin, and apparently offered McGeogh a contract?
    You are saying that he has held discussions with Milne about next seasons signings but the EE knows fcuk all?

It’s a quote from McInnes in the last few days by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Derek McInnes has publicly said that he always looks TWO transfer windows ahead.
    With his own squad and at new signings
    So rest assured he'll have an idea of some of the players he'd at least like to try and sign, and yes, some offers may well be out there already.

The problem is both in terms of recruitment and with how the players we have in the squad are then deployed. But that's for another day.

If we're serious about next year, then we need the following:

1. A back-up goalkeeper, as Rodgers will leave.
    2. A back-up right back to challenge Logan
    3. A new left back (!!!!)
    4. A new central defender (even accounting for the fact McKenna, Devlin and Reynolds will be around)
    5. Two new central midfielders who can tackle and retain possession and have a bit of grit.
    6. A playmaker
    7. A winger

Then we need McInnes to pick his strongest team in a balanced formation and stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Derek McInnes has publicly said that he always looks TWO transfer windows ahead.
    With his own squad and at new signings
    So rest assured he'll have an idea of some of the players he'd at least like to try and sign, and yes, some offers may well be out there already.
    Ach it`ll be Messi and Neymar on loan or something like that.

Groan. More Loan signings !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I wanted him out the second he got the job. Don’t know if I’ve mentiomed that before...
    Have I mentioned that you're a c until before?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Let's stick with Mcinnes then. Things are heading in the right direction and there's no-one else out there ready for the "big time".
    Good call.

We won't do better at present.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast