+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    What makes anyone think he can rebuild a team people mention Barry robson and Russell Anderson they retired a while ago and he’s incapable of finding replacements. Almost all of his signings are poor unless they’ve played here prior in which case h can’t really be given credit. He’s a manager that is suited to b into somewhere for 2 to 3 years before he has to replace players.
    Simply because we can't afford the wages of an Anderson and Robson unless it's at the twilight of their career. It can work great or it can be a Jackie McNamara disaster signing. Fine margins.

Russell knew the club and always have his all.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    No surprise, I'd disagree with you there.
    This is Hearts third season back in the top flight (3rd, 5th and likely 6th). SevCo are back for the 2nd year and spent so much more than us.
    Hibs are doing well this year, as Hearts did their first year up, but have a major rebuilding situation themselves, losing their CM's and their strikers on loan.

Since the League Cup final, DM has improved our league results, getting a record points total, (even with SevCo and Hearts in the league).

We had a rebuilding job this year and most of us thought that the recruitment was pretty good in the circumstances.
    Unfortunately the players have not played as well as expected / hoped for.
    Its true we have an even bigger task this year and will be very difficult to replace with the quality that's leaving, regardless who the manager is.

As for the 89%, what is that stat for?
    Is it a selective period or all results?
    For reflection, how does it fare against all of Aberdeen's previous managers
    You'll get shot for having a common sense approach to McInnes's tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Simply because we can't afford the wages of an Anderson and Robson unless it's at the twilight of their career. It can work great or it can be a Jackie McNamara disaster signing. Fine margins.

Russell knew the club and always have his all.
    So he’s been unable to replace players in his squad I’m sure there’s been lots of good professionals that could have come in and done a job. Both of the. Good managers can rebuild there squad he by his own admission has failed so why do we trust him to do it in the summer when we could be even less attractive ?

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    You'll get shot for having a common sense approach to McInnes's tenure.
    I'm not afraid to voice my opposite view to others in here.
    For clarity, I acknowledge his flaws, if he was perfect he'd be off somewhere better.
    I just don't think he has done as badly as some expect us to achieve and see it being a big risk when we replace him, although entirely possible we could find someone to better his record.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    So he’s been unable to replace players in his squad I’m sure there’s been lots of good professionals that could have come in and done a job. Both of the. Good managers can rebuild there squad he by his own admission has failed so why do we trust him to do it in the summer when we could be even less attractive ?
    You are wasting your time debating McInnes with the happy clappers. McInnes is seen as a hero and they honestly still think he is doing a marvellous job. The rest of us can see the writing is on the wall and by his (McInnes) own admission he says his squad can’t produce the goods.

Some of today's papers saying that West Brom are interested in McInnes for next season. Might be rubbish of course, but it is our only chance of getting rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Some of today's papers saying that West Brom are interested in McInnes for next season. Might be rubbish of course, but it is our only chance of getting rid of him.
    Not a chance they will take him from us. The guy who just got the victory at Old Trafford will get the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I presume you mean Woodman rather than Cosgrove in your OOT list, as sadly Cosgrove is here for a while yet.

I am struggling with your comment re it will be difficult to replace this 10 with better quality. Really??? I will give you McLean as he will be a significant miss, but the rest? Christie is a show pony and has done nothing to merit being kept since xmas, Stewart flatters to deceive and the rest are just ten a penny journeymen. If we seriously can't replace that 10 with a better 6-10 then McInnes time will be up
    Woodman yes sorry.
    Christie has got talent, thats obvious....perhaps we didn't utilise it enough or he isn't interested enough, but it will be hard to find better than him for peanuts. Stewart is the same, you would bet he will sign for another SPFL side and be banging them in...typicla AFC>.

There is no way we will buy 6-10 players the quality thats needed, thats my point.
    Last edited by DonVincenzo (The II); 16-04-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    Woodman yes sorry.
    Christie has got talent, thats obvious....perhaps we didn't utilise it enough or he isn't interested enough, but it will be hard to find better than him for peanuts. Stewart is the same, you would bet he will sign for another SPFL side and be banging them in...typicla AFC>.

There is no way we will buy 6-10 players the quality thats needed, thats my point.
    I think Greg Stewart may end up at Hearts & do well.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    Woodman yes sorry.

Show pony is perhaps a bit harsh on Christie, but for whatever reason he has gone massively downhill since the first half of the season so his current contribution won't be missed next season. There does look as though there is a player somewhere in Stewart but we have not managed to bring it out. Maybe he needs to be played in the Christie role to be most effective? Would be a bit of a gamble to use a significant part of our budget on him hoping he comes good next season.

You are right that we won't get 6 quality players for next season but I still would be severely disappointed if we couldn't get at least 2-3 quality players to supplement those key players that will still be here next season plus another 4 or so squad players to replace those that are leaving that are better quality than the likes of Ball/Chidi/Maynard leaving the remaining squad places to be filled by 3-4 of our youth players like Ross/Campbell

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast