+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It was a hypothetical question.
    But let’s consider a couple of options.

Louis Moult, has not broke into the team at Preston.
    Let’s say, Alex Neil is willing to let Moult go, but not until he gets a replacement in.
    There could be a striker at the World Cup that he wants to go after, like one of the Australia strikers Tomi Juric (FC Luzern) or Mathew Leckie (Ingolstadt).

Or let’s consider we get a big money offer for McKenna and need a replacement.
    Same thing above could be affected if we went for Ben Heneghan of Sheffield United with Chris Wilder not willing to discuss selling until he has a replacement.

So as I said earlier, we will not be shopping in the World Cup market, but invariably I wondered if it could impact getting our targets until the teams that are conclude their business.

The above are hypothetical, but potentially realistic scenarios which hopefully you get my point now on.
    Let’s see if I get your point Neymar leaves PSG to go to Madrid then mbappe goes permantly to PSG leaving Monaco without a striker. They have money to spend and give us a big offer for Sam cosgrove cos he’s got a great scoring record. We can’t sign the targets from league 2 until we have the money in the bank, have I got it now ?

Whereas your posts are not.
    Maybe I should use hypothetical realism then?

World Cup years historically slow down the transfer market.

Hopefully we have a few players lined up on pre contract agreements who will sign once their current contracts expire.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    World Cup years historically slow down the transfer market.

Hopefully we have a few players lined up on pre contract agreements who will sign once their current contracts expire.
    Good to see some still have sense and can stick to the topic.
    I’m not so sure on the pre-contract agreements as surely they would be known by now.

I’m not so sure on the pre-contract agreements as surely they would be known by now.
    Yes, it's great to see. Common sense prevails!

COYR

Doesn’t count if you’re the other poster

Wes Hoolahan leaving Norwich, quality midfielder, plenty experience kinda player we will need. 35 going on 36 though but was Norwich poty last season. Think he could do a job for us for a season or 2?

Nah

We’ve had a Norwich player for half of this season.

Poofs the lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Wes Hoolahan leaving Norwich, quality midfielder, plenty experience kinda player we will need. 35 going on 36 though but was Norwich poty last season. Think he could do a job for us for a season or 2?
    Nah he will staying at Norwich as Maddison will be off to a Big EPL Club !

I assume our main targets will have been identified well before now. Hasn't really been any talk of budgets this season but with us needing to finance the stadium I'm guessing that we won't spend as much as we did last summer unless we sell McKenna for a big fee. If previous summers are anything to go by we'll sign two first team regulars, a few English loanees and a few hopefully journeymen signings.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast