+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Team for next season

That looks like the team but it doesn't mean we will not pull of a great signing which might make the team better but SM will use the excuse this summer that he has a new stadium to build.

As for fourth we might end up their this season depending on result on Tuesday night, which would sum up the season

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Is it just me or does that team and bench give you a fear?
    There will hopefully be a couple of experienced campaigners in to compliment that team and add experience and dig!

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Lewis
    Logan Devlin Mckenna Shinnie
    McGinn Ferguson McGeogh GMS
    May Cosgrove

Subs;
    Rogers
    New RB
    Reynolds
    Considine
    New CM
    Rooney
    Another new Striker
    I sincerely hope we are setting our sights higher than this but note your point on whether SM will push out the boat more. As a minimum I would want/hope that

1. The Another new striker is good enough to go straight in the team as our main striker because sadly none of Rooney, May or Cosgrove are good enough to get us where we want to be
    2. I would happily take McGeogh but looks like he will be off to Englandshire
    3. I don't really know anything about Ferguson but struggle to see him being a starter - McInnes just doesn't pick 18 year olds so hopefully your New CM is good enough to be a starter rather than on the bench.
    4. Assuming he continues to play his favoured 4231 formation we badly need a No 10 to replace McLean/Christie as someone with a bit of skill to pick open defences that we can play through rather than the current mode of long ball football that we seem to have recently adopted. Please don't shoehorn in a past it Stevie May into this position.
    5. Given they are both under contract then ok to have either Considine or Reynolds on bench as basically non-playing emergency subs but not both. Need to be signing another CD (Arnason replacement) so that we have three players competing for the two starting positions plus to provide decent cover for injuries/suspensions.
    6. Also need another wide player (if he is not going to play Wright) as the Stewart replacement because both McGinn/GMS are injury prone and also prone to having rubbish spells.
    7. Don't know if the likes of Campbell or Anderson will be able to push on and challenge for a place in the team next season - hopefully Ross can but not sure if he is better in a central or wide position.

Apart from that your team was fine!!!!!

i agree with you points but suspect the team will be what I suggested & the excuse given will be the new stadium.

I just hope a better builder can be found than SM.

The advantage of the new stadium is once built we might get rid of SM but who will replace him? the new sponsorer possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    i agree with you points but suspect the team will be what I suggested & the excuse given will be the new stadium.

I just hope a better builder can be found than SM.

The advantage of the new stadium is once built we might get rid of SM but who will replace him? the new sponsorer possibly?
    I really struggle to see any sort of justification to cut the playing budget even by brass-neck Milne given we have just announced £500K of new money from DNA, which should still net something like £300K new money. They have said that the stadium financing will be ring-fenced.

I know you can be sceptical about all of this funding but given your original point was that our team will be crap and SM will justify it via stadium funding - just can't see any wriggle room next season even for him to say any such thing

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Shinnie
    McGeoch Mulumbu
    McGinn Gauld GMS
    Moult (loan)

Not a chance that’ll be starting X1 :-)

We’d be best looking up who’s coming to the end of their contracts in League 1 & League 2 in England.
    *sighs* ... and tries to hide Russ Richardson’s black book.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031