+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think most sensible Dons fans would agree that if Celtic play well & close to their best, they’ll comfortably beat most teams.
    However, we could at least make it harder for them by being aggressive, & pressing them high up the pitch.
    In the first game at Pittodrie, we stood off them, and didn’t press them at all.
    It clearly didn’t work.
    So you’d assume we’d try something different for the 2nd game?
    We didn’t.
    Funnily enough we were easily beaten.
    Again.
    It’s the definition of insanity & indefensible, even for the biggest DM fan, surely?
    I saw the game far differently than you.
    We did try things differently, even pushing two up front and trying to force Boyata on the ball and to hit it long.
    It worked for about 5 minutes, till Rodgers saw the tactics and switched Boyata with Bitton who was more adept at coming out of defence with the ball.
    Tierney was pretty amazing for them that day.
    The negative point for DM was that he didn't try to adapt when Rodgers countered.
    But thats just going back over old ground.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes would be as well as scrapping the youth system at Pittodrie and get himself more hard cash for loaning non entities. We have only really used Scott McKenna and even that was by pure chance that he was put in the first team.
    Our youth system is a waste of time if the first team coaches don’t think our young players at the club are not upto scratch whatever way you look at it.
    SaCk McInNes and save the clubs future is what I say.
    Different tangent to the question asked.

Should our youth players go out on loan to gain more experience?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I saw the game far differently than you.
    We did try things differently, even pushing two up front and trying to force Boyata on the ball and to hit it long.
    It worked for about 5 minutes, till Rodgers saw the tactics and switched Boyata with Bitton who was more adept at coming out of defence with the ball.
    Tierney was pretty amazing for them that day.
    The negative point for DM was that he didn't try to adapt when Rodgers countered.
    But thats just going back over old ground.
    You see the game differently from most sane people !

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Ok so whats good enough for Aberdeen FC in your eyes? Some folk are moaning on here that we shouldn't have 5 or 6 loan players in the squad but when its pointed out to them that every club does it the usual suspects on here throw a hissy fit saying you cant compare us to other teams, so what makes Aberdeen so special that they dont need to take players on loan while other clubs do?
    Its more about the nature of the Christie loan. Taking one of Celtics fringe players on loan (thus keeping him match fit and in the shop window) is insanity and shows a lack of self respect at the club in my opinion. I'm not sure what the best long-term strategy for AFC is but we should aim to be better than that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Its more about the nature of the Christie loan. Taking one of Celtics fringe players on loan (thus keeping him match fit and in the shop window) is insanity and shows a lack of self respect at the club in my opinion. I'm not sure what the best long-term strategy for AFC is but we should aim to be better than that at least.
    You have came in half way through the argument on this one, I have never said that we should be taking Celtic players on loan I have said on numerous occasions Aberdeen should have grown a set and told Celtic we were having Christie on a permanent deal or the Hayes move was off.

Certain people on this forum have been moaning about the amount of loans we have and I pointed out that the other top 6 clubs have roughly the same amount, aldo then asked what the Christie loan had in common with any of the other clubs loans and I said the Cifti and Allan loans were similar to wind him up.

Mason then jumped down my throat with the whole we should be aiming to be better than the diddy clubs thing and its grown arms and legs from there.

The original argument was about not wanting to take any players on loan which is a load of nonsense, its the way football is these days even clubs like Bayern Munich and Barcelona take players on loan so there is nothing wrong with us doing it.

I’ve never jumped down yours, or anyone else’s throat.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You have came in half way through the argument on this one, I have never said that we should be taking Celtic players on loan I have said on numerous occasions Aberdeen should have grown a set and told Celtic we were having Christie on a permanent deal or the Hayes move was off.

Certain people on this forum have been moaning about the amount of loans we have and I pointed out that the other top 6 clubs have roughly the same amount, aldo then asked what the Christie loan had in common with any of the other clubs loans and I said the Cifti and Allan loans were similar to wind him up.

Mason then jumped down my throat with the whole we should be aiming to be better than the diddy clubs thing and its grown arms and legs from there.

The original argument was about not wanting to take any players on loan which is a load of nonsense, its the way football is these days even clubs like Bayern Munich and Barcelona take players on loan so there is nothing wrong with us doing it.
    I don’t really gave an issue with the loan system.
    I’ll caveat that by saying:

- 6 is too many - it creates a clusterf*ck, short-term scattergun strategy, year on year. A couple is plenty IMO.

- loaning players from the same league is a no no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    However, we could at least make it harder for them by being aggressive, & pressing them high up the pitch.
    In the first game at Pittodrie, we stood off them, and didn’t press them at all.
    It clearly didn’t work.
    We didn't as usual, it didn't work as usual, our manager didn't attempt to change it as usual, we got pumped as usual

Hence the reason id managed to leave, get to my car at Froghall and reach the Greentrees in Dyce by the time FT whistle went. That night was when any respect for McInnes completely left me

Don't think this will be popular here but think we should move for Lee Wallace for LB spot. Shinnnie is not going back there anytime soon, and Consi is just not good enough. also some website on newsnow is saying DM may go in for Kenny Miller as he failed to get him in January. 38 years old, one for the future no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_kennedy_tache View Post
    Don't think this will be popular here but think we should move for Lee Wallace for LB spot. Shinnnie is not going back there anytime soon, and Consi is just not good enough. also some website on newsnow is saying DM may go in for Kenny Miller as he failed to get him in January. 38 years old, one for the future no doubt
    Lee Wallace is a very good left back and would take him in an instant. Unfortunately he will be on decent dough at Ipuke and so will likely be heading to Accrington Stanley or Ipswich like all the other rejects (who happen to be doing very well there).

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast