+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Let's not get into a debate about picking and choosing the games I go to.

I'm also not blaming all the hardcore fans. Just the ones that have gleefully accepted Mcinnes and his piss poor record.
    That’s the majority of guys who go to games home and away,can you guess why?

And I’m not having a go at you because you don’t go to every game,I don’t either and I would be more than happy if McInnes left but like I said you are being harsh on the “happy clappers” who are still content with him.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s the majority of guys who go to games home and away,can you guess why?

And I’m not having a go at you because you don’t go to every game,I don’t either and I would be more than happy if McInnes left but like I said you are being harsh on the “happy clappers” who are still content with him.
    I don't think it's harsh at all.

I saw a few fans clapping at the end. Maybe a little harsh but I think they’re f*cking mental

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I saw a few fans clapping at the end. Maybe a little harsh but I think they’re f*cking mental
    A few out of 12,000 tells a story. Compare that with the reception after (another defeat) in the cup final last year.

The majority (if that is what it is) that are willing to give McInnes another season, and I count myself in that camp (for a lot of the reasons listed by mondo notion), have moved on a lot from last year, particularly due to the sevco nonsense and I would be pretty sure the majority will be a significant minority this time next year if we have a repeat of this season

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think you’re “f*cking mental” for being there at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    100% this season
    Aye but hes nae McGhee so we are on to a winner

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    We aren't signing Christie, thats already been said..
    Thank fek for that, one of the most overrated players the SPFL has ever seen, been a total waste of of a shirt for 90% of this season.
    Another bit of sheer "brilliance" on the signing front by our manager

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's because the happy clappers have accepted being pish and they can't admit to being wrong.

89% of the big games he's lost.
    Aldo, it's easier to point the finger at others than reflect on the fact that you've done the square root of f*** all to facilitate McInnes' exit from the club.

I don't really see myself as a happy clapper. More of a boring realist. I don't attend games because I don't live in the UK so I'm a total irrelevance really. I pay for my Red TV subscription and occasionally log on here to speak sh*te with the rest of you.

As a realist I suspect that McInnes vs his replacement will be much of a muchness but it's not necessarily the worst idea. Sometimes a fresh approach it what's needed if only to stave of the boredom. The team may have been consistent against the "wee teams" but, apart from a good performance against Hibs, it's given the fans absolutely nothing to get excited about this season and that clearly isn't going to be sustainable indefinitely. But then we're either just waiting for another abject defeat to erode fan sentiment towards McInnes or waiting hoping that he'll be able to improve the side in the close season - so you're different from the happy clappers how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    As a realist I suspect that McInnes vs his replacement will be much of a muchness but it's not necessarily the worst idea.
    Absolute speculation.

It could be the best thing we ever do or it might be a McGhee mark two. One thing we do know is we will nkt progress under the current c@nt so id say the gamble is worth it.

Shame Milne and McAnus are bumming though as McAnus' stock is so low nobody will take him.

One bonus from Saturday. We cant get a 9 game whitewash from the glasgow bigotheeds. Just the 8

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Absolute speculation.

It could be the best thing we ever do or it might be a McGhee mark two. One thing we do know is we will nkt progress under the current c@nt so id say the gamble is worth it.

Shame Milne and McAnus are bumming though as McAnus' stock is so low nobody will take him.

One bonus from Saturday. We cant get a 9 game whitewash from the glasgow bigotheeds. Just the 8
    Well, it's speculation either way given that no one knows how a new manager will fare?

Jack Ross is untested at this level so would be a bit of a punt. Does seem to have something about him though. Would be my preferred option but it's a gamble. I suspect that Milne may have a bias against managers with no experience at this level after the Paterson disaster.

Killie's turnaround under Clarke has been impressive but we're assuming he would want to leave and it would be a bit of a 'flavour of the month' appointment.

Lennon - no chance. I'm biased so I'd say we are a bigger club than Hibs but it's honestly marginal in the grand scheme of things. Doubt he'd take the view that there are things he could achieve with us that he couldn't achieve with Hibs. Personally, I don't want him anywhere near the club.

Funny that, as much as McInnes deserves the flak he's getting for performances this season, very few wanted him to leave less than 6 months ago when the h*ns were sniffing around. Now his tenure is apparently unsalvageable.

Granted there are currently huge questions marks over his ability to take us forward and fan sentiment is now going to turn sour very quickly if he doesn't improve performances in big games. But the situation isn't unsalvageable - we have some decent players.

Not saying I have great confidence McInnes will turn it around but it's also false to assert categorically that he won't.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast