+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: And that ladies & gents is the end......

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Next round of games

Birmingham v Blades
    Brentford v QPR
    Bristol City v Hull
    Derby v Boro
    Millwall v Fulham
    Preston v Norwich

Then

Derby v Cardiff

Then

Villa v Derby
    Brentford v Barnsley
    Forest v Bristol City
    Blades v Preston
    Boro v Millwall

Then on to the last day.

Fair to say I think that anything other than a win, and its game over (same applies to Brentford, Bristol City or Preston), but there's enough six pointers here to keep the twists and turns going till the last day. Who knows..?
    Going into the last game I see the points as this. Blades 70, Brentford 70, Brizzie 71, Derby 69, Millwall 70, Preston 68, Boro 71. Brentford and Boro have very winnable final games so we need QPR or Barnsley to get something off Brentford. Of course that means we have to win Birmingham and Bristol (probably draw against Preston). Maybe I have my red and white tinted glasses on but still in with a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    My OP Why we are not very good anymore attracted 2 personal attacks Gray. I responded to both and why shouldn't I. I detest failure when it's avoidable and I refuse to praise mediocrity.
    I've posted a reciprical concilliatory reply to FKB. I haven't got a problem with pig baitor MMF but ain't taking grief from a guy who only posts about the pigs.
    I don't buy into Oh how great we've done and MW says it very well.
    The acceptance of mediocrity by so many is why we are just that. Me, JJ,MW,and many others bang on about it but until people stop clapping crap we won't emulate mighty Bournemouth,Stoke,Huddersfield,Swansea,Watford,WBA ,Southampton,Burnley,Brighton, Leicester and Palace.
    And if that list dosent make you angry and f u cki ng more demanding then.............................................. ..............
    i agree it was like yesterday a bloke infront of mr was clapping when basham crossed a ball into the west ham fans and when brookes ran 10 yards withe the ball past a man but did his usual and fell over at the slightest of contact he clapped that he clapped lundstrums over hit cross field ball that went out for a throw to them,this continued and i sat and got more bewildered at what he was clapping at . then Milwall scored and it wazzed me of . he clapped at clarke totally mis controlling the ball, so i asked him ,na then mate what are you actually clapping for when clarke as phucked it up ,he said hes trying , fair enough i suppose. im totally miffed at how supporters can see no wrong in anything the players do or the manager. on the whole we,ve been very good but we could have been a lot better.

The Sunday Times has a report on the game and marks for all players.

Bash got a 4!
    MOTM their keeper with a 9
    Evans top man for us with 8, Brooks and Lundstram 5's . rest 6's or 7's
    Gregory got a 5, less than the number of fouls he committed.

Their manager thouught they were denied a 'stonewall ' peenalty for Bash's tackle.

Funny how others see it- was Bash that bad? Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    The Sunday Times has a report on the game and marks for all players.

Bash got a 4!
    MOTM their keeper with a 9
    Evans top man for us with 8, Brooks and Lundstram 5's . rest 6's or 7's
    Gregory got a 5, less than the number of fouls he committed.

Their manager thouught they were denied a 'stonewall ' peenalty for Bash's tackle.

Funny how others see it- was Bash that bad? Not for me.
    Bash was a bit wayward with some passes but he had a decent enough game. I he only got 4 did Lundsrum get -4.

He wasn't a 4 but we counted at least 4 hospital balls by him mostly to baldock which led us to question if baldock had upset him in some way. When the announcement came up for MOM nominations we looked at each other and shrugged cos nobody stood out for us,I actually said Morrison cos he not only bossed our defence he bossed the ref as well,not forgetting the excellent finish from a ball that should have got nowhere near him,we need someone who can give verbals out and get in the refs ear we just accept sh_t decisions without question which in one way is ok but if nowts said the ref will just carry on regardless,he needs telling to watch their player holding onto our keeper at corners so it's in his head to look for it instead of it just carrying on

We'll there will be points dropped by teams above us in the next round of games.
    Millwall have got Fulham and Boro
    Derby have Boro and Cardiff

There's only one problem and that's United, Birmingham is never a fixture that we do well in

i reckon 1 new centre back is all we need we will have basham stearman o connell and leonard and i have high hopes that callum semple could force his way in to the squad next season still think 2 new strikers is the priority in the summer as we will be releasing 3 maybe 4 strikers this summer imo

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    He wasn't a 4 but we counted at least 4 hospital balls by him mostly to baldock which led us to question if baldock had upset him in some way. When the announcement came up for MOM nominations we looked at each other and shrugged cos nobody stood out for us,I actually said Morrison cos he not only bossed our defence he bossed the ref as well,not forgetting the excellent finish from a ball that should have got nowhere near him,we need someone who can give verbals out and get in the refs ear we just accept sh_t decisions without question which in one way is ok but if nowts said the ref will just carry on regardless,he needs telling to watch their player holding onto our keeper at corners so it's in his head to look for it instead of it just carrying on
    Good points Bully, he wasn't great but he wasn't the worst in the pitch.

You're right about needing a bit of needle, a moaner to give the ref a bit of a hard time.I reacll Sheringham coming to the Lane with West ham and runniing the game, via the ref, not through his play.

Two other things really p i ss me off and neither are owt to do with how well or badly we are doing during home games.
    1 The big deal made about the attendance and
    2 The F u c king MOM crap which is utter s h i t as invariably we are under the cosh and no f u c ker is doing well. On top of that what sad t w at is on their phone texting a vote when theres 10 minutes of game time left.

Absolutely hate the whole s h i t idea.

While we're at it where's this cross field floated ball suddenly appeared from I could run down from my seat on the kop and intercept it never mind a full back sat waiting for it,oh for someone who never gives the ball awayyyyyyyy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast