+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And that ladies & gents is the end......

We’ve missed another chance today and the games are running out but 3 points off with 9 points to play for it’s definitely not all over. Remember what happened to us and the Pigs.

Their keeeper had a blinder, 3 outstanding saves and I thought we played well in the second when Duffy replaced Lundstrum who was shocking. That long diagnonal ball right to left he keeps on trying to play is total crap. Their right back just kept on intercepting it, I’d warn him that I’d stop his wages if he tried it again next time he plays.

When we scored I said to my lad “right then Blades let’s see this one out professionally” and with seconds we gifted them a sloppy equaliser. That’s our problem, too many gifted goals and too often not taking our chances, we’re just not quite there are we but all hope isn’t dead at all. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    After Burton, we went LDL LLD WLD before the January transfer window even opened, 9 games/6 points. Personally I think this season has been more right than wrong, but if you want to know where it went wrong, it was right there.

*The five losses included Fulham, Preston, Millwall and Bristol City
    Whoa, let's not bring facts into this!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    We’ve missed another chance today and the games are running out but 3 points off with 9 points to play for it’s definitely not all over. Remember what happened to us and the Pigs.

Their keeeper had a blinder, 3 outstanding saves and I thought we played well in the second when Duffy replaced Lundstrum who was shocking. That long diagnonal ball right to left he keeps on trying to play is total crap. Their right back just kept on intercepting it, I’d warn him that I’d stop his wages if he tried it again next time he plays.

When we scored I said to my lad “right then Blades let’s see this one out professionally” and with seconds we gifted them a sloppy equaliser. That’s our problem, too many gifted goals and too often not taking our chances, we’re just not quite there are we but all hope isn’t dead at all. UTB
    Exactly. I'm a miserable get but even I'm not giving up hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    The loss of Coutts was a blow to our momentum for sure but Evans has been a more than adequate replacement in the midfield. We lack quality up front and we need a top centre half in. That's where we've lost games this year.
    We’d have won today if Stearman hadn’t gone off, and him not being there cost us goals in other games, he’s a better CB and organiser than a lot give him credit for.

There equaliser was proper Womble.

Most frustrating part today everybody running back for the restart after we scored pointing to their temples urging everyone to stay switched on 20 seconds later a 40 yd ball gets launched into the middle of our box and no one goes for it,that's why our season is over too many gifts

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Most frustrating part today everybody running back for the restart after we scored pointing to their temples urging everyone to stay switched on 20 seconds later a 40 yd ball gets launched into the middle of our box and no one goes for it,that's why our season is over too many gifts
    Thats it bang on mate.
    Unforgiveable fu c kwittery YET AGAIN. Cardiff, Barnsley,Middlesbro,(yes we just hung on) and today.
    Add Pigs at home,Ipswich and Brentford away,Forset here. All games we should have won if we could concentrate at the back and put away a reasonable % of good goalscoring opportunities.
    Yet again today it comes down our left of centre where Stevens and O'Connel have been guilty defensively many times.
    The huge sadness is we'll probably miss out on the play offs when winning just the above would see us already mathematically in them with 3 games left.
    F u ck "Oh but haven't we done so well simper simper " before anyone bothers with that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Thats it bang on mate.
    Unforgiveable fu c kwittery YET AGAIN. Cardiff, Barnsley,Middlesbro,(yes we just hung on) and today.
    Add Pigs at home,Ipswich and Brentford away,Forset here. All games we should have won if we could concentrate at the back and put away a reasonable % of good goalscoring opportunities.
    Yet again today it comes down our left of centre where Stevens and O'Connel have been guilty defensively many times.
    The huge sadness is we'll probably miss out on the play offs when winning just the above would see us already mathematically in them with 3 games left.
    F u ck "Oh but haven't we done so well simper simper " before anyone bothers with that crap.

I keep reading how we have done so well whilst spending nothing, we have brought in a lot of players since last season so must have spent something. Millwall have done better and spent less.

The goal today was pub football defending and not good pub football, It was a 60 yard hoof, two of our defenders had all day to see it and react to it yet got caught flat footed and ball watching whilst the millwall fwd judged it nicely and ran on to it. Has for the finishing, its pathetic.

We take too long with our build up play, our counter attacking we never get a midfield player running beyond the ball and our set pieces are very poor, we get bullied defensively and have no real plan offensively. Before anyone mentions we scored against boro, that was improvised not planned.

So fcking disappointed to have thrown a great chance away and although Wilder does not miss the chances, himself and his staff are responsible for bringing in recruits in January and only one of those players contributed at a time when we needed fresh legs coming into the games, lack of depth has cost us as much as horrible finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by mwblade View Post
    I keep reading how we have done so well whilst spending nothing, we have brought in a lot of players since last season so must have spent something. Millwall have done better and spent less.

The goal today was pub football defending and not good pub football, It was a 60 yard hoof, two of our defenders had all day to see it and react to it yet got caught flat footed and ball watching whilst the millwall fwd judged it nicely and ran on to it. Has for the finishing, its pathetic.

We take too long with our build up play, our counter attacking we never get a midfield player running beyond the ball and our set pieces are very poor, we get bullied defensively and have no real plan offensively. Before anyone mentions we scored against boro, that was improvised not planned.

So fcking disappointed to have thrown a great chance away and although Wilder does not miss the chances, himself and his staff are responsible for bringing in recruits in January and only one of those players contributed at a time when we needed fresh legs coming into the games, lack of depth has cost us as much as horrible finishing.
    Agree with absolutely every word pal. Brilliant post which will upset some of the snowflakes and pompous idiots on here.
    Again. Superb post.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Agree with absolutely every word pal. Brilliant post which will upset some of the snowflakes and pompous idiots on here.
    Again. Superb post.
    Yep good post by MW as always, but he hasn’t said much more than has already been said has he?

I’ve got a lot of time for you and always read your posts, but I’m ****ed if I know why you feel the need to keep on having a pop at other Blades. Just make your point, no need for the abuse pal. You more than capable of getting your point across.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast