+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And that ladies & gents is the end......

And that ladies & gents is the end......

Of our play off hopes i think we'd all agree.

Listened to it on Radio Sheff and got a good picture of the game. We were comfy for 90 mins but couldn't put them to bed. Good saves from both keepers.

Sounds like the goal was a shambles to concede but i'll wait to see it for myself. We seriously need to buck up our ideas next season and put sides to the sword. Its beyond a joke now. Late goals conceded. Chances not taken. We are lucky to still be involved in the top 6 chase.

Next season we must invest in our playing squad and buy experience and quality. Anything short of that and we will not experience the highs of this season.

We need to buy Blackman, 2 x strikers & a quality centre half to challenge our current defence.

Disappointed at our lack of cutting edge all season really. Shows the level of the league where us & Millwall are top 6 challengers.

We need to let go and replace Sharp, Donaldson & Lafferty in the summer. Jury is still out on Leonard & Holmes. Both of which could be two of the worst signings ever made here. We will wait and see.

Gutted we didn't win today.

Make up your mind, mate. We're either out of it or still in the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Make up your mind, mate. We're either out of it or still in the chase.
    We are out of it....i meant over the course of the season we haven't finished teams off and conceded stupid goals. We were lucky to be involved. Deffo game over now and move on to next season.

Ultimately because of any real transfer funds Wilder has had to buy strikers he had worked with in the past like Donaldson and Holmes. I am sure had he been given £5 million (not silly money) we would have had upgrades. The squabbling of the 2 owners has led us to have missed out on a real chance of promotion. They need to resolve the situation urgently and get some new investment in.

An absolute inability to keep clean sheets against ANYONE is what's cost us.

If you're going to have a gung ho style you'd better score more than the opposition. We were scoring more than the opposition in the first half of the season but then just as the confidence should be soaring United confusingly find a way to lose it.

The second half of the season has been laboured, hard work, gritty and disjointed, the free flowing attacking football with drive and purpose just seemed to dry up and was replaced with laboured wins, laboured draws and very sloppy defeats

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    The squabbling of the 2 owners has led us to have missed out on a real chance of promotion.
    I doubt that very much. I don't think it had anything like as big an effect as losing three key players for long periods of time (Coutts, Brook, Freeman).

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I doubt that very much. I don't think it had anything like as big an effect as losing three key players for long periods of time (Coutts, Brook, Freeman).
    The loss of Coutts was a blow to our momentum for sure but Evans has been a more than adequate replacement in the midfield. We lack quality up front and we need a top centre half in. That's where we've lost games this year.

Millwall goalkeeper was the MOM.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    The loss of Coutts was a blow to our momentum for sure but Evans has been a more than adequate replacement in the midfield. We lack quality up front and we need a top centre half in. That's where we've lost games this year.
    After Burton, we went LDL LLD WLD before the January transfer window even opened, 9 games/6 points. Personally I think this season has been more right than wrong, but if you want to know where it went wrong, it was right there.

*The five losses included Fulham, Preston, Millwall and Bristol City
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 14-04-2018 at 03:53 PM.

After today’s results we are remarkable still in it. Derby seem like they are doing there usual bottling. You never know.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast