+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another final beckons for the Mighty 'Well

Another final beckons for the Mighty 'Well

The Mighty 'Well ensured they would return to Hampden in May with a convincing 3-0 win over Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup semi-final. The margin of the victory did not flatter the Steelmen who have now reached their second national final of the season. - External Link

Absolutely wonderful. Bubbles already flowing

Absolutely SENSATIONAL.
    Well done Motherwell and Stephen Robinson yet again for proving that a team with guts and character can take you far.

Campbell and Main were the standouts today from 11 HEROES in C&A.

Curtis Main absolutely rag dolled the Aberdeen defence today, as with Moult doing the job against Rangers in the league cup semi, Main was more impressive today. I also thought Grimshaw had a cracking game. The same performance against whoever we play in the final will give us a chance of lifting the trophy.....Mon the well.

Congratulations to one and all at the club from the manager,players,backroom staff and everyone behind the scenes what a terrific performance roll on the final. Sometimes your name is already on the cup,own goal against Accies,Lafferty clean through against us when 1-1 shoots ball goes past Carson hits the post and bounces out. Today the first goal ref could have decided it was a handball before we scored so long may our good fortune continue and tough luck to everyone else who wrote us offf

I have no idea how we found Main and to a lesser extent - as keepers are often neglected - Carson. What a performance from front to back with Campbell and Grimshaw absolutely outstanding in the middle.

We did benefit hugely from Aberdeen well and truly ****ting the bed but took full advantage...a few weeks ahead to prepare and time to believe.
    Last edited by Handsome_Devil; 14-04-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Terrific performance today. Not the best football ever but Aberdeen never looked like scoring. A real gutsy performance from us and got exactly what we deserved. Bring on the final and whoever it is. COYW

I don't mind admitting I was absolutely gobsmacked at just how bad Aberdeen actually were, but we were right up for it to take full advantage. A big, big turning point for me was Kipre's error right on half time to allow May in. He looked odds on to score yet dragged it wide and after that Aberdeen never recovered. Main's goal to clinch it made itoyr day. It seemed to take forever and a day between the time he picked Arnason's pocket and curled it into the top corner but what celebrations from that moment on. That was the game done and both sides knew it.

I hope Main is fully fit and firing on all cylinders for the Final. We tend to do well in Scottish Cup Finals when a guy called Main is playing.

What I don't understand about Aberdeen - and why McInnes will get slaughtered - is why they abandoned trying to play football and take us on in a fight. Their attitude effectively gave up their ace - their better play - and tried take us on at our strength. And we just ran them into the ground. It was astoundingly bad management.

Main's run was glorious...not for a second did I think he was going to miss.

A great result and performance. Perhaps not the prettiest but we got our gameplan right. We took our chances and gave little away and thats all you can ask. A real team performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)