+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another final beckons for the Mighty 'Well

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Main's run was glorious...not for a second did I think he was going to miss.
    I swear in my mind he turned into David Clarkson just before he hit the shot. I was absolutely convinced he was firing right at the goalkeeper or ballooning it. But he held his nerve and finished with aplomb. And what a moment that was as we were never losing from there on in.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I swear in my mind he turned into David Clarkson just before he hit the shot. I was absolutely convinced he was firing right at the goalkeeper or ballooning it. But he held his nerve and finished with aplomb. And what a moment that was as we were never losing from there on in.
    This morning, all five of the 'Herald' football scribes had this down for a Motherwell win; it must be easier for outsiders to make these judgments - I only had it down for a 'Well win after full-time.
    'Sportsound' after the game was devoted to Aberdeen, Aberdeen, then more about Aberdeen. The Dons - and particularly their travelling support - are a club I have time for, but that's the second time we've won 3 - 0 this season; we deserved a bit better from the BBC pundits, who didn't seem to have noticed, for example, that we had Hartley, Tanner and McHugh missing. It takes more than just closing down and 'competing' to score eight goals for the loss of three against Aberdeen.
    Let's have a bit more balance, guys!

Credit to Aldred, not mentioned. I thought he had a terrific game and marshalled the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh View Post
    This morning, all five of the 'Herald' football scribes had this down for a Motherwell win; it must be easier for outsiders to make these judgments - I only had it down for a 'Well win after full-time.
    'Sportsound' after the game was devoted to Aberdeen, Aberdeen, then more about Aberdeen. The Dons - and particularly their travelling support - are a club I have time for, but that's the second time we've won 3 - 0 this season; we deserved a bit better from the BBC pundits, who didn't seem to have noticed, for example, that we had Hartley, Tanner and McHugh missing. It takes more than just closing down and 'competing' to score eight goals for the loss of three against Aberdeen.
    Let's have a bit more balance, guys!
    BBC Scotland Sportsound is nothing but an Aberdeen FC podcast with no attempt whatsoever at hiding it. It's always tremendous listening whenever we beat Aberdeen to hear Richard Gordon and Willie Miller sounding absolutely gutted as they pick over the bones of where it all went wrong for Aberdeen after all their pre-match hype.

Each to their own, but I have zero time for Aberdeen FC and their support and find them an extremely arrogant, obnoxious bunch who think they have a divine right to be successful and when it all blows up in their faces like it did yesterday then it is deliciously satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    BBC Scotland Sportsound is nothing but an Aberdeen FC podcast with no attempt whatsoever at hiding it. It's always tremendous listening whenever we beat Aberdeen to hear Richard Gordon and Willie Miller sounding absolutely gutted as they pick over the bones of where it all went wrong for Aberdeen after all their pre-match hype.
    Certainly post match coverage was disappointing as the programme focused on why Aberdeen lost as opposed to why we won. On the same tack, coverage of St Mirren's game was hardly informed or unbiased. Sportsound is more of an old boys social club and I hardly listen to it these days. A little bit more credit for us wouldn't have gone amiss. No doubt commercial considerations and personal bias shape the content of these broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwin View Post
    Credit to Aldred, not mentioned. I thought he had a terrific game and marshalled the defence.
    Spot on.....He has turned into a key figure with Hartley injured. Would be great to see him sign on long term.

Can confirm I am alive and kicking ... albeit, only just sobered up from a weekend of pure bliss . What a fekkin number we did on the darlings of Beeb Scotland. To hear Richard Gordon, Wullie Miller and wee Liam the hobbit after the game say thru gnarled teeth 'Motherwell were clearly the best team' turned me into a right smug git! And, re Aldred ... he's slotted in superbly and tbh we haven't missed Hartley at all. He's be due a contract for a season at least. Develop Kipre then he goes for a big transfer fee.
    Last edited by sieb1886; 16-04-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)