+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm all for bringing in Wassall again..... lol

I'm all for bringing in Wassall again..... lol

Nowhere to go from here.

Morris needs to asset strip and start over, whether thats with Rowett or Wassall

Either do it with Rowett or get Wassall to do it, bring in the youngsters and start afresh even if it means relagation to league 1, because right now we're heading there anyway with this sorry bunch of wasters, if they cant get up for a final push into the playoffs they wont like a relagation dog fight and lets face it, they will be in one next season.

I'd be very tempted to bring back Wassall, didn't like the thought of him back in 2015/16 but he's perfect for the asset strip thats coming, bringing in the youth players, done a good job with them in the u21s.

When I say asset strip I mean just get rid of the rubbish and take a hit FFP wise, take the embargo and relegation if needs be. Vydra will be one we can flog, the rest we'd struggle to give away,, so just terminate the contracts and get rid.

Cant agree more.
    Absolute embarrassment, I’d pay the lot off bar Vydra and Carson and make em walk back home.

Well that's about as bad as it gets.

We've a big wage bill and not many assets.

McCarthy anyone ?

Only heard on the radio but it sounded like Shaun Barker showed more desire and won more headers in his 30 second cameo / farewell performance than ANY of our highly paid stars.
    Thought it couldn’t get any worse. But that wouldn’t be the Derby Way!
    Glad I renewed my ST before the Sunderland game with how it makes you feel now.
    Saying that, I would have renewed anyway .... I always have with poorer squads in lower divisions.
    Only now, it somehow feels much worse. When you know you ain’t very good but know the reasons why, you just continue with your support.
    We’ve supported the managers financially since Clough went and we’ve nearly made it once but then ..... hopes raised but failure, failure, failure.
    Will be interesting to see how we offload this pile of poo that desperately needs to happen. Why leave when on a bumper contract and able to get away with at best, average play.
    Yes, very interesting months ahead.
    At least we are out the play off and not clung in there.
    I’d rather go into the last game outside with a chance to get in than took it up again!

At the end of the day, we got what we deserved from this game, nothing. Why and how though?

Guess a) too many tired players from 3 games in a week

Guess b) tactics that invite the opposition to come on to you

Guess c) an inability to pass to a team mate

Guess d) no movement to give the man with the ball options ot outlets

Guess e) all of the above and more

Take your pick.

I am dumbfounded.

Only plus is that I am on my 5th Grolsch as I type this and that will be followed by a full English and a trip into Amsterdam for 6 hours of great music at Northern Soul Amsterdam.

Pant. Think your right with all your guesses Good fan though rather be in Holland than Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Pant View Post
    At the end of the day, we got what we deserved from this game, nothing. Why and how though?

Guess a) too many tired players from 3 games in a week

Guess b) tactics that invite the opposition to come on to you

Guess c) an inability to pass to a team mate

Guess d) no movement to give the man with the ball options ot outlets

Guess e) all of the above and more

Take your pick.

I am dumbfounded.

Only plus is that I am on my 5th Grolsch as I type this and that will be followed by a full English and a trip into Amsterdam for 6 hours of great music at Northern Soul Amsterdam.
    That’s odd...there’s a guy on another forum going to the same gig. What are the chances of that? Perhaps you’ll meet.

Guess f) We’re a shambolic bunch of overpaid losers with no pride in the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That’s odd...there’s a guy on another forum going to the same gig. What are the chances of that? Perhaps you’ll meet.

Guess f) We’re a shambolic bunch of overpaid losers with no pride in the shirt.
    Anag you be dobbing madamster in why? They might ban his pseudonym now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)