Agree that Ihiekwe had a stormer. Won everything, athletic and played the sweeper roll too when they tried some long balls forward
But my MoM was Purrington. A great performance against the most dangerous attacking RB in the division Nathan Byrne. Think of Jack Hunt and James Tavernier rolled into one. Byrne was limited to wayward hopeful crosses after a while and gave up trying to get the better of Purrington and concentrated on his defending

We did lack an output going forward on the left though with both Mattock and Newelly out but the defending was first class

All the usuall suspects had great games as did the whole team
Rodak caught everything and i can't remember a single punch. Had very little to do
Wood was Woody
Palmer good game too. Don't understand the fans who don't rate him
Towell's performance was as it always is
Smith got the most manhandling I've seen this season and was thrown to the floor at least 3 times. He gave Wigan some real problems
He should have scored with the header in the first five mins
Wigan went into their shell and i think it may have been due to that blistering opening 7 mins when we should have been 3 up.
They couldn't live with us and they know it

We should have had a certain penalty in second half for handball. Ref and Lino missed it as they did many things.
Great credit to PW for trying the 4-5-1 again and it worked to perfection this time. I don't think he could have done anything else vs Wigan otherwise we would have been passed to death
Who knows what the outcome would have been with 4-4-2 but PW said he wanted a point at Wigan and he got it easily
Well done all round