+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Know Whether To Laugh Or Cry

When it gets to this stage of a relegation scrap with 4 games left then in my opinion it's as much about character and guts as anything else .

This is where I'm struggling to be honest , we do have two maybe three strong characters but is it enough , I don't know .

In years gone by we had the Hassell's , Darren Moore , Kozluc , Foster , Macken , Perkins , Harewood , Scotland , O'Grady to name a few .

They wouldn't have let that lead slip yesterday never mind falling behind within minutes at the fag end of the game , although I take the point we kept at and earned ourselves a draw .

I'd like to see Pinnock back in the team alongside Lindsey who I feel is made of the right stuff , Fryers want's feckin right off in my opinion and I thought he was a liability months ago .

Moore and McBurnie are fine , Gardner too but I'm struggling to make much of a case for the rest in the situation we are facing and admittedly based on less games watched as maybe the rest of you .

The situation can be rescued but we need the right players out there .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    When it gets to this stage of a relegation scrap with 4 games left then in my opinion it's as much about character and guts as anything else .

This is where I'm struggling to be honest , we do have two maybe three strong characters but is it enough , I don't know .

In years gone by we had the Hassell's , Darren Moore , Kozluc , Foster , Macken , Perkins , Harewood , Scotland , O'Grady to name a few .

They wouldn't have let that lead slip yesterday never mind falling behind within minutes at the fag end of the game , although I take the point we kept at and earned ourselves a draw .

I'd like to see Pinnock back in the team alongside Lindsey who I feel is made of the right stuff , Fryers want's feckin right off in my opinion and I thought he was a liability months ago .

Moore and McBurnie are fine , Gardner too but I'm struggling to make much of a case for the rest in the situation we are facing and admittedly based on less games watched as maybe the rest of you .

The situation can be rescued but we need the right players out there .
    I like Potts , runs his heart out and we play better with him in the side

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I like Potts , runs his heart out and we play better with him in the side
    Yeh fair point ESR , although didn't he do his hamstring yesterday which may force him out for at least a couple of games .

Bolton clearly aren't a talented side but they do have experienced players who are battle hardened and sometimes that's all you need as we have proved in years gone by .

Who knows with Birmingham , blow hot n cold , could win at Wolves today given it's a local derby and Wolves are already promoted , funny game to call .

I wouldn't be expecting too many favours next saturday , Hecky's his own job to take care of and he knows our weaknesses more than anybody .

Yeh fair point ESR , although didn't he do his hamstring yesterday which may force him out for at least a couple of games .
    Not sure what he did but a big miss if he’s out

Bolton clearly aren't a talented side but they do have experienced players who are battle hardened and sometimes that's all you need as we have proved in years gone by .

Who knows with Birmingham , blow hot n cold , could win at Wolves today given it's a local derby and Wolves are already promoted , funny game to call .

I wouldn't be expecting too many favours next saturday , Hecky's his own job to take care of and he knows our weaknesses more than anybody .
    Crap substitutions yesterday and going 442 with the wrong players to play it was a bolox up. That’s what you get with picking a stupid bench full of wingers and no CM .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Crap substitutions yesterday and going 442 with the wrong players to play it was a bolox up. That’s what you get with picking a stupid bench full of wingers and no CM .
    We've had an inbalanced squad right from the off and this coach as Hecky did is finding it hard to get the blend right .

42 games gone and nobody can quite find the right combination because the recruitment wasn't good enough to start with .

Potts wo holding his hamstring after he went on a run anticipating a through ball that nivva came. Set darn seconds later. Cud be art resta season. Weears Knasmuller ? Spreadsheet sed he wo a top man.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-04-2018 at 10:32 AM.

We've had an inbalanced squad right from the off and this coach as Hecky did is finding it hard to get the blend right .

42 games gone and nobody can quite find the right combination because the recruitment wasn't good enough to start with .
    Mr Morais has ed the benefit of evvin Moore and McBurnie, two key players not available to Mr Heckingbottom.

We needed Mallan on the bench as our spare CM . Bringing Mahoney on was weird instead of Isgrove as well , strange to have 3 wingers on the bench

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast