+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT - Milton Keynes

Wimbledon safe tonight after getting the point they need, MK Dons relegated.

������������������������������

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Wimbledon safe tonight after getting the point they need, MK Dons relegated.

So for the first time since AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons were formed the tide has turned in Wimbledon’s favour and next season they will be in a higher league than MK Dons. I can’t help but think that it is some form of justice for AFC Wimbledon after 14 years since they had to start off at the bottom. It’s quite remarkable what’s been achieved by them in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    So for the first time since AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons were formed the tide has turned in Wimbledon’s favour and next season they will be in a higher league than MK Dons. I can’t help but think that it is some form of justice for AFC Wimbledon after 14 years since they had to start off at the bottom. It’s quite remarkable what’s been achieved by them in that time.
    Agreed. MK Dons will always be despised by most footy fans for the way they stole another club's place in the Football League. Milton Keynes is an awful place, but it is easily big enough to sustain a Football League club. If they had done what AFC Wimbledon did and started at the bottom and earned their place, they would have enjoyed the journey and earned respect. As it is they will always be hated, so I'm delighted to see them go down and have to look up to Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agreed. MK Dons will always be despised by most footy fans for the way they stole another club's place in the Football League. Milton Keynes is an awful place, but it is easily big enough to sustain a Football League club. If they had done what AFC Wimbledon did and started at the bottom and earned their place, they would have enjoyed the journey and earned respect. As it is they will always be hated, so I'm delighted to see them go down and have to look up to Wimbledon.
    I think the key word you’ve said is respect or should we say lack of towards MK Dons as a club from general football fans. It’s difficult to respect a club that have basically cheated their way into the football league by stealing another clubs league place. The common fan will emphasise with what the AFC Wimbledon fans had to endure. No doubt on the other hand compared to MK Dons, Wimbledon have earned respect from the general footballing community for the way they’ve built their club back slowly but surely with dignity and pride.

At least the footballing gods have restored the balance somewhat now. MK Dons may as well just refer to themselves as Milton Keynes FC now and be done with it. The real Dons are AFC Wimbledon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12