+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Doing My Head In

It's Doing My Head In

Looking at who we have to play , who they have to play. If they lose against them and we win then........but if they get a point and we........ I think you get the picture. Anyway ,here's my take on the Notts last 3 games. Yeovil , 2-0 , hoping the Morris dancers will be on the beach. Grim(very)sby , 1-1 . Sometimes make a weekend of it when Notts are away but wont be able to get out fcuking quick enough. Luton, 3-1 . Hoping they're already up and Accy are Champs. Play offs for me beloved Notts me thinks, Wycombe.
    Last edited by navypie; 14-04-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Wycombe play Lincoln on Tues for their game in hand. Then Accro, Chessie and Stevo. If we just keep winning, then who knows???

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Wycombe play Lincoln on Tues for their game in hand. Then Accro, Chessie and Stevo. If we just keep winning, then who knows???
    Then who knows indeed gumpo?????????? Anyway, still waiting for my b0ll0xing from sid for referring that Grimsby is a dump , which it is.

I’ll 2nd that.

It's unfortunate that a couple of tactical blunders in the Exeter and Crawley home games back in January will probably cost us automatic promotion, but that's football. Kevin Nolan has got far more right this season than he's got wrong, and it's now fair to describe this as a good season whatever happens in the remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's unfortunate that a couple of tactical blunders in the Exeter and Crawley home games back in January will probably cost us automatic promotion, but that's football. Kevin Nolan has got far more right this season than he's got wrong, and it's now fair to describe this as a good season whatever happens in the remaining games.
    " tactical blunders" Not sure I would describe kicking a bloke in the arse against Crawley a tactical blunder. Might like to see it in Hyde Park though.

" tactical blunders" Not sure I would describe kicking a bloke in the arse against Crawley a tactical blunder. Might like to see it in Hyde Park though.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Ross Fitzsimon's actions were a symptom of frustration and the reason we took no points rather than one, but the broader problem was switching from the 4-4-2 that has worked all season at home (before and since) to a 4-5-1. With the 'normal' tactics there's every reason to believe we would have taken four or six points from those games, instead of none (or one) and that difference is what will probably cost us automatic promotion. But like I say, it's an unfortunately costly blip in what has otherwise been a good season for the young manager. The important thing is to learn from these little lessons.
    Last edited by jackal2; 14-04-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Ross Fitzsimon's actions were a symptom of frustration and the reason we took no points rather than one, but the broader problem was switching from the 4-4-2 that has worked all season at home (before and since) to a 4-5-1. With the 'normal' tactics there's every reason to believe we would have taken four or six points from those games, instead of none (or one) and that difference is what will probably cost us automatic promotion. But like I say, it's an unfortunately costly blip in what has otherwise been a good season for the young manager. The important thing is to learn from these little lessons.
    The reason we took nothing from that game mate as nothing to do with frustration . It's because Fitz kicked a bloke a bloke up the jacksey.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It's because Fitz kicked a bloke a bloke up the jacksey.
    He kicked two of them? No wonder he got sent off!

To kick one bloke up the jacksey could be considered unfortunate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast