+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Safe....

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I was just asking the question rom because all you ever seem to hear off many forest fans is oh can't wait for Derby's meltdown like that becomes more important than your own progress
    And that's a position I disagree. We shouldn't be looking for failures of others to mask our own.
    In fact I agree to the opposite, the success of your rivals should be the inspiration and catalyst to spur you to either match that achievement or better still, improve on it.

Anyway Derby still have a chance to succeed this season. The season is over for us, but not for you. That game in hand over Cardiff takes on great importance. A point even could be crucial in the final reckoning.

Excepting Derby, for position 5 and 6, all interested teams have 3 games. 7 points should do it for 5th, although 5 might be enough for position 6. Winning 2 of your final 3 will be enough for 1 of Boro or Millwall. But if Derby win 2 and draw with Cardiff, they should make it.

Although I do realise that 3 of your final 4 are Boro (h) Villa (a) and Cardiff (h). This week's game against Boro is a clear 6 pointer. A game you cannot afford to lose. A draw is the minimum because you'd expect 1 of Preston or Sheff Utd to win their games and leapfrog you. A draw would still keep you above them on GD and if Millwall lose to Fulham, you'd be back in 6th.

You must win 1 of your next 3 games minimal. And then beat Barnsley on the last day. If you beat either Villa or Boro and then get 1 point with Cardiff, that would make things a whole lot easier on final day. If you're really lucky 1 final day win and 2 draws against the 3 teams above you, might just be enough. Provided Milwall don't get 5 points too. You just gotta hope that none of Preston, Milwall and Sheff Utd win 2 of their final 3 games.

Do you know what Rom I'm not that bothered, yeah your maths above might very well be right but that only gets you into the play offs and to be honest i wouldn't fancy our chances its sad to say it because many other teams would love to be in a position to fight for a play off place, apart from forest like 😉 who'd rather their season finished at christmas so they can concentrate on watching derby fail again

Glad you understand what i was trying to put across to thicky, forget laughing at our failure, try and understand your own inadequacies and put them right, you can't be in a rebuilding year every year after all

Do you know what Rom I'm not that bothered, yeah your maths above might very well be right but that only gets you into the play offs and to be honest i wouldn't fancy our chances its sad to say it because many other teams would love to be in a position to fight for a play off place, apart from forest like �� who'd rather their season finished at christmas so they can concentrate on watching derby fail again

Glad you understand what i was trying to put across to thicky, forget laughing at our failure, try and understand your own inadequacies and put them right, you can't be in a rebuilding year every year after all
    Yes unfortunately you're right about Forest. It's always been like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
    Ok Fawaz came in and solved the debt issues. Got the buzz going for a while, only to make numerous mistakes.
    Couldn't settle on a manager and spent wrongly, causing FFP.
    Marinakis mistake was to retain Warburton and sign off his purchases. I always had a bad feeling about the Scottish players he signed based on his experience at Rangers. Sure the football became entertaining, but the astonishing number of goals conceded. 1 good win followed by a series of defeats. I think if Karanka was in charge a bit earlier, say October, he'd probably would have us on the fringes of the play-offs or at the very least very comfortably in midtable or top 10.

However there is hope now, with much improved defending that next year should, based on what's transpired so far, that Forest would be in a much better position, so much so that Es*** will get excited again. His signings and loanees have improved the team by at least 50%. There is confidence that he'll make even better signings and have us playing with more resilience at the back and self belief in midfield, and hopefully strikers that can score often.
    Whether it'll be enough to target a play-off place, remains to be seen,

But as I said earlier, a few bad seasons does not mean the same in the following. If you got the correct manager and an owner who supports him, that's the foundations of a team capable of improving.
    Bournemouth are a good example. A good owner and an excellent manager.

As for Derby, it does seem that you got a very good manager. What's not succeeding perhaps is on the owner's part, in providing the backing he needs to find the few players that can make the team from the fringes of challenging into serious contenders. However, I may be wrong, the owner may have back managers in the past, only to see failure and hence, more reluctant now. But he's also been trigger happy and like us, had appointed unsuitable managers.

However there's 1 thing I believe is that Forest at present might have or end up having the better squad in the new season. Having to revamp everything and bring fresh faces including youth, there's optimism.

Derby on the other hand, I stand corrected, have an experienced team that's been banging on the door for the past few seasons and yet never succeeding. The problem therein, is whether the same group of players or majority of them, still have the ability to push themselves again in the new season? Eventually age catches up, players nearing the end of the careers, or who may have given up the chase and instead focus on maintaining regular pay checks above club's interests.
    This is quite common, a team looking good 1 season, narrowly missing out, only to completely struggle in the next, with basically the same set of players.
    Does your current set of players still have the ability to have a crack yet again next year? Given the rather dire set of results these past 2 months, it seems to indicate, they've lost the energy and bottle to strive for the desired results.

Of course we all could be wrong, and in the final 4 games, they turn it around, get to the play-offs and on the back that momentum, go all the way. You never know in football.

But if failure is the end result, next season could be the telling year for both our clubs. Forest to improve, whilst Derby to weed out the deadwood and refrain from making the same mistakes. It would be fantastic if both clubs are challenging each other for play-offs/promotion. However historically, it does seem when 1 succeeds, the other fails. If Karanka stays and is supported, and after so many years of failing, Forest surely are due a good season. You must hope the reverse isn't true for Derby.

Can I book a wake up call Romo ?, that boring long winded garbage has just put me to sleep.
    And who are your team now eh kid, you've told everybody on Derby mad this season that your a Derby fan, so whats going on here ?. lol

Seriously though I know we're in trouble and if we go down then it wont change a thing, I wont stop posting like I do so lets joke about it eh, lets push the boat out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Can I book a wake up call Romo ?, that boring long winded garbage has just put me to sleep.
    And who are your team now eh kid, you've told everybody on Derby mad this season that your a Derby fan, so whats going on here ?. lol

Seriously though I know we're in trouble and if we go down then it wont change a thing, I wont stop posting like I do so lets joke about it eh, lets push the boat out a bit.
    Who asked you to read it anyway?
    Everyone knows you Dykes can't string 3 sentences together, you had no business trying read several paragraphs!

Oh btw, I was rather shocked by your fellow's reply - scabland the word he used.
    Isn't it about time he grew up? It's one thing to banter, quite another to use childish insults or worse cling on to something 30 years ago..
    What has that gotta do with football? It's quite sad really that some fans become so tribal, that they equate something non footy as justification adopt an us against the rest mentality. I wasn't offended just rather shocked and sad to see such bias and mentality still exists. For crying out loud, this is sport not politics.
    If Tricky was the one, the answer was directed to, he'd go ballistic and spark a running battle with you having to mediate.

And who said I'm a Derby fan? I'm just not antagonistic towards them. And why not, it's sport after all, something entertain us, not to divide us. Whatever rivalry there is, for me it's just for the 90 mins when we face each other, and just like every other opponent, a game I want Forest to win. But after that, why not be civil and less tribal?

But if you really want me to be a Derby fan, just this once, I'll do it, just for you. Just 1 time I'll switch loyalties, on May 6th and support Derby when they play a certain team, and want them to win. Just the 1 time. And for altruistic reasons too - to help a certain fan of the opponents that day. That he gets the chance to improve his health by visiting seaside towns next season. He really needs the fresh air!

Yet more long winded stuff Romo, Im using sniffing salts to try and stay awake here. lol
    Remember though Romo & Tricky on Derby mad this season, I said I dont ever get involved in the 'scab' nonsense. I dont like it and I dont I dont agree with it being constantly brought up on a football message board.

So we Tykes are lesbians now are we (Dykes lol), yes ok that did make me chuckle. Hey you lot were in this same position last season and Birmingham were there as well, so surely they are the team who deserve to go down this time with Burton & Sunderland.

Do you know what Rom I'm not that bothered, yeah your maths above might very well be right but that only gets you into the play offs and to be honest i wouldn't fancy our chances its sad to say it because many other teams would love to be in a position to fight for a play off place, apart from forest like �� who'd rather their season finished at christmas so they can concentrate on watching derby fail again

Bull****

Under Clough, the moans from Derby fans were the same, year in year out.
    Boring football/no hope/had enough of the club. Counter acted with comments like stability/FFP/New owners bigger plans

Resultant- slag Forest off to appease your own frustrations.
    FFP/BD/can't wait for my end of season play off laugh.

You really are a tw@t stenson

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yet more long winded stuff Romo, Im using sniffing salts to try and stay awake here. lol
    Remember though Romo & Tricky on Derby mad this season, I said I dont ever get involved in the 'scab' nonsense. I dont like it and I dont I dont agree with it being constantly brought up on a football message board.

So we Tykes are lesbians now are we (Dykes lol), yes ok that did make me chuckle. Hey you lot were in this same position last season and Birmingham were there as well, so surely they are the team who deserve to go down this time with Burton & Sunderland.
    To be fair to Acido, he has never said anything bad to me and his stance on the scab thing has been very clear.
    He does not condone it and it has no place in football.
    I was involved in those times as an 18 year old apprentice. I couldn't strike, or lose my job. Still didn't stop the abuse though.
    Families today, still don't talk and it really is quite pathetic.
    No ill will to BFC from me, they do a great job on limited finances and try to play football. It would be all to easy to be a route one side and dirty to intimidate results.

Cheers for that Tricky, I appreciate that you can see what Im saying here.

[QUOTE=Romanis;38861750]or worse cling on to something 30 years ago..

I must admit that bit made me laugh

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast