+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Safe....

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    means nothing to me if the roles were reversed, both sides have failed this season, come August back to square one again, means nothing.
    But it's only a matter of time when we turn the corner, how many chances have you had at attempting promotion? 3 or 4 seasons now, times a ticking.
    COYR.
    Good win against Cardiff wasn't it Es***?

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    means nothing to me if the roles were reversed, both sides have failed this season, come August back to square one again, means nothing.
    But it's only a matter of time when we turn the corner, how many chances have you had at attempting promotion? 3 or 4 seasons now, times a ticking.
    COYR.
    . How many times have had at attempting promotion. Bloody sight more times than you You have been trying longer than us try 19 years all those millions you have wasted all the fans you have lost Its always going to be next season

To be fair Es*** is doing what any rivals would.
    Forest fail - you laugh
    Derby fail - he laughs.
    But in the end both failed.
    Who had the lesser failure?
    Obviously Derby. Although still premature as Derby is well capable of playing 5 games and get promoted.

In a sense he's come out early and stated that you'll fail. If you succeed, he'll look a real dope.

Correct

And to touch on Es***'s second point and also by the Rams, that every season, we say this is the one and for Forest it will be 20 (or is it 19) years this year. For Derby it's a bit lesser and also you did have the 1 year at the top. But to be fair the promotional season was the One.
    Obviously as would almost 90% of fans in this division (excepting the likes of Burton whose aim would be to stay up), we (as would them) will begin the new season saying this is the One. And why not? Unless one starts the season with a really poor team, which fan doesn't have the hope that the new season will be the one? Look at Wolves, did anyone see this coming, I bet even their fans besides the hopes, none would have predicted that they would walk the league?

So we all have hopes that hey, maybe this is the big year, and who knows it might ring true. Obviously Forest have stuttered rather early on and been out of the running from Christmas for several years, but who's to say it can't happen next year? So Es*** has that right, just like you. And just as he says, we all start at 0 next season, excepting some relegated Prem teams who would have superior teams, but even they start 0.

Of course the chances that he'll be wrong is very high, but that's why we have long odds, Derby would have better odds.
    But the point he's making and it's a fair one, we have a good manager, the team has some semblance, defense looks finally to be sorted. If Karanka can get the players he wants and the team can gel and play to its strengths and his tactics, next season could finally be the One. Comparing to what's been transpiring throughout these past 10 years or so, next season is one, where a lot of Forest fans can have genuine hopes before a ball is kicked. Will we succeed? I dunno, but I do a foresee as he says, that it'll be a season where both teams will be competing to reach the play-offs and 1 of us I think will make it.
    Last edited by Romanis; 26-04-2018 at 07:27 PM.

But what es*** is implying in his own funny way is that should we fail to get promoted we'll start the season all on zero again along with forest so it wasn't worth trying, as the saying goes 'its better to fail trying than not to try at all', just because we might fail at the last hurdle and end up back at square one along with you doesn't mean you shouldn't strive for the top, Richard Yates once said “If you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail”, this seems to be Es***'s default excuse.

And I agree that bar a few teams most start the season optimistic and that this is the one - this is our year, you'd be daft if you didn't but what makes me laugh is when it all goes pear shaped by christmas for forest es*** comes along and says stuff like 'well you'll fail too so your as bad as us'

And I agree that bar a few teams most start the season optimistic and that this is the one - this is our year, you'd be daft if you didn't but what makes me laugh is when it all goes pear shaped by christmas for forest es*** comes along and says stuff like 'well you'll fail too so your as bad as us'

Arrrrrrh, yes and no. Where it all goes pear shaped for us by Christmas, you lot have a habit of saying we're going up at Xmas. Only for it to blow up in February, when the walls cave in.

Like I said before, it wasn't long ago under Clough that DCFC accepted another nothing season. But there was a lot of hand wringing of looking forward to your end of season laughs at our expense.
    It's gone full circle. We've been struggling, but you're the ones pissing money up the wall now.

You can't blame Es*** for doing what you lot have done in many years gone by.

We rebuilt for 4 years under clough, when the rebuilding was done and it was time for results he was shown the door, I don't believe we've been rebuilding since.

How long have forest been rebuilding?

Every year we hear the same 'this is our year' and that's fine it's natural to say that but the point I was making was when it becomes obvious it's not your year AGAIN all we then hear was 'it was a rebuilding year', 'mid table was the target'.

Like I said you can't you can't keep turning that corner

I think the word rebuilding has been overused. It can be used after a relegation from the Prem not followed by a swift return, It can also be used after a promotion from Tier 3 to meet the higher challengers in Tier 2. Derby had their rebuilding via Clough and we had ours in the first Davies term.
    After so many years since that, neither can used rebuilding. What's there to rebuild? Get the correct manager, make sure he gets the correct players and blow silly money (ala Davies) and get the team playing as a team and playing well.

What both sides need (if Derby don't go up), is to get the key players in the areas needed most. For Forest, it's to ensure we get a good keeper (If Pantilimon goes), a creative midfielder and some bloody goalscoring strikers. Excepting the keeper, it's the same scenario with Derby. We both have good managers. We need to support him and have a wee bit of patience.
    Although easier said than done, but we live in hope next year will be the One.
    Rebuilding is long over, stability and a bit of luck in signings is all that's required. We need another Britt or Burke, better still get both. I'd settle for Bamford if he can be persuaded to come and that lad from Posh - Maddison (I think is the name)

Yep totally agree with that

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast