Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
I was just asking the question rom because all you ever seem to hear off many forest fans is oh can't wait for Derby's meltdown like that becomes more important than your own progress
And that's a position I disagree. We shouldn't be looking for failures of others to mask our own.
In fact I agree to the opposite, the success of your rivals should be the inspiration and catalyst to spur you to either match that achievement or better still, improve on it.

Anyway Derby still have a chance to succeed this season. The season is over for us, but not for you. That game in hand over Cardiff takes on great importance. A point even could be crucial in the final reckoning.

Excepting Derby, for position 5 and 6, all interested teams have 3 games. 7 points should do it for 5th, although 5 might be enough for position 6. Winning 2 of your final 3 will be enough for 1 of Boro or Millwall. But if Derby win 2 and draw with Cardiff, they should make it.

Although I do realise that 3 of your final 4 are Boro (h) Villa (a) and Cardiff (h). This week's game against Boro is a clear 6 pointer. A game you cannot afford to lose. A draw is the minimum because you'd expect 1 of Preston or Sheff Utd to win their games and leapfrog you. A draw would still keep you above them on GD and if Millwall lose to Fulham, you'd be back in 6th.

You must win 1 of your next 3 games minimal. And then beat Barnsley on the last day. If you beat either Villa or Boro and then get 1 point with Cardiff, that would make things a whole lot easier on final day. If you're really lucky 1 final day win and 2 draws against the 3 teams above you, might just be enough. Provided Milwall don't get 5 points too. You just gotta hope that none of Preston, Milwall and Sheff Utd win 2 of their final 3 games.