+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Post now..!

  1. #1

    Post now..!

    When its raw! Never mind leaving it till your all composed and reflective. Gutless.

  2. #2
    Quick enough to post the other night as soon as the whistle went and shrews drew..

  3. #3
    It was a gut wrencher for sure

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by backofthenet View Post
    It was a gut wrencher for sure
    Yes it was. The first poster to say unlucky too deserves banning.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lancashire
    Posts
    30,657
    Where's Champs ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Where's Champs ?
    To be fair, this time I'm not aiming this at champs. He may have travelled. As for aucks, he'll only be getting out of bed soon and won't have seen it yet.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Yes it was. The first poster to say unlucky too deserves banning.
    Calm down, Saxo. I've only just finished watching.
    "Unlucky"? Not the right word. Two glaring misses, and some poor decisions in the box, though. My 9-year-old grandson would have scored the header Williams missed.
    As BOTN said, "gut-wrenching"! I thought we'd done it, and then the Bristol player produced that fantastic shot.
    Both teams struggled with the ball on the floor a bit, but at least one of our quick counters should have led to goal.
    I thought it was a good idea, going to three at the back, and - to be fair - Samuel played well when he came on.
    Same old story, however: when you haven't got the second goal, the opposition sniff a chance and your own players started to hack the ball away instead of keeping control.
    What you haven't mentioned, Saxo, is Wigan's nil-nil draw. It's called "competitive sport". You can't always batter the opposition.
    I was a bit puzzled their player wasn't shown a second yellow card after the penalty.

  8. #8
    Wigan are gone aucks. Our concern is shrews, and we've let them in again.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Wigan are gone aucks. Our concern is shrews, and we've let them in again.
    Only marginally. We are still in control.
    You aren't really taking my point, Saxo. It just isn't clockwork out there. Dack found it difficult to escape the marking, but still missed an excellent chance. It looked like a one-goal game throughout because both defences were very much in charge.
    Payne - your saviour - again added little. If anything, Samuel looked the better sub. Incidentally, I hope you're not one of those (plenty on the LT site) who thinks that going to three at the back is a negative tactic. In this case, it meant EB could push up.
    We've gone off the boil. It happens. But we are still not losing.
    There will be more surprises. Rochdale winning away at Peterborough with ten men? See what I mean?
    Just sit tight and enjoy the excitement.

  10. #10
    I want Payne on the pitch ALONGSIDE Dack and Armstrong.

  11. #11
    And my 'saviour' would be the targetman option mowbray neglected to bring in.

  12. #12
    Hang on Wigan gone ???
    You have been upping them as nailed on champs for some considerable time and cookie is best things since sliced bread.
    So seeing as weíre rank poor that must mean itís Shrews as your pick for champs ?

    I wish youíd make your mind up.

  13. #13
    Gone meaning we won't catch them.

  14. #14
    Mark Atkins seemed to suggest he believed now it is determined the penalty is the punishment and a second yellow inducing the red is too much punishment.
    Which is all well and good if the pen is slotted. If itís not heís Ďgot away with it!
    Donít know if this is correct or not (the new ruling) if it is itís news to me.

  15. #15
    I've heard that too.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Mark Atkins seemed to suggest he believed now it is determined the penalty is the punishment and a second yellow inducing the red is too much punishment.
    Which is all well and good if the pen is slotted. If it’s not he’s ‘got away with it!
    Don’t know if this is correct or not (the new ruling) if it is it’s news to me.
    Thanks, Despair. Yes - I do remember that now. Surely it wouldn't apply to a cynical, deliberate hack, though? That would be the ultimate blessing for a professional foul! (Not the case today, anyway).

  17. #17
    I see saxo
    Gutless if we step away and not post when the raw emotions are out
    Come on saxo many nasty words are said in the heat of the moment
    The older I get the more I realise that sometimes taking a step back is more beneficial than ranting aimlessly in the heat of the moment.

  18. #18
    Even though I have said, and been questioned by Aucks, that I believe a manager has a great influence upon the squads performance.
    Itís not the be all and end all.
    Once they take to the field , itís up to them.
    These are grown men, professionals, that do not need telling 3 points is a good haul, zero points is bad.
    However, their opposition, no matter what position they hold in the table. Are of the exact same mentality ie 3 points is the goal.
    Now itís a case of who wants it most , collectively.
    This for me is where your captain and on field leader steps in, to motivate his team to hopefully deliver those points.
    If it doesnít happen, they on the field have collectively failed (this time).
    This does not release the manager of any responsibility as during the contest he can and will make changes of personnel and tactics, in the hope and belief it will further the cause.
    But as in all things in life nothing is guaranteed and only the resultant outcome will reveal if it was the correct call or not.
    This very much is what I believe galls Sax most.
    For me itís a case of ďheís humanĒ we all make them.
    He has still got us in a decent position where auto promo looks like it could be on.

    Simply hold your nerve. Itís really not worth stressing over.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Thanks, Despair. Yes - I do remember that now. Surely it wouldn't apply to a cynical, deliberate hack, though? That would be the ultimate blessing for a professional foul! (Not the case today, anyway).
    Now that I've actually seen the incident, I can sort of get where the change to ruling is trying to come from.
    If that had been outside the area that would have been second yellow, an he's off.
    In this case it was inside, so a pen. But it wasn't a blatant hack borne out of stopping a goal scoring opportunity.
    Yes we were in the area trying to work an opening, but that may have or may not have proven successful.
    So a pen gives us a much more likely opportunity, that's the 'punishment.
    On the basis this is not a totally black or white ruling, it does come down though to the ref reading the 'situation' fairly / correctly.
    Last edited by Despair; 15-04-2018 at 09:00 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Now that I've actually seen the incident, I can sort of get where the change to ruling is trying to come from.
    If that had been outside the area that would have been second yellow, an he's off.
    In this case it was inside, so a pen. But it wasn't a blatant hack borne out of stopping a goal scoring opportunity.
    Yes we were in the area trying to work an opening, but that may have or may not have proven successful.
    So a pen gives us a much more likely opportunity, that's the 'punishment.
    On the basis this is not a totally black or white ruling, it does come down though to the ref reading the 'situation' fairly / correctly.
    I totally agree, Despair, but there are still some inconsistencies. As you said, what if the penalty is missed? Also, some of the yellow card "offences" are quite trivial. A player could get sent off for two of those, but not get a second yellow for a penalty-area foul which might have prevented a goal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •