+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post now..!

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Even though I have said, and been questioned by Aucks, that I believe a manager has a great influence upon the squads performance.
    It’s not the be all and end all.
    Once they take to the field , it’s up to them.
    These are grown men, professionals, that do not need telling 3 points is a good haul, zero points is bad.
    However, their opposition, no matter what position they hold in the table. Are of the exact same mentality ie 3 points is the goal.
    Now it’s a case of who wants it most , collectively.
    This for me is where your captain and on field leader steps in, to motivate his team to hopefully deliver those points.
    If it doesn’t happen, they on the field have collectively failed (this time).
    This does not release the manager of any responsibility as during the contest he can and will make changes of personnel and tactics, in the hope and belief it will further the cause.
    But as in all things in life nothing is guaranteed and only the resultant outcome will reveal if it was the correct call or not.
    This very much is what I believe galls Sax most.
    For me it’s a case of “he’s human” we all make them.
    He has still got us in a decent position where auto promo looks like it could be on.

Simply hold your nerve. It’s really not worth stressing over.
    I think I come across as devaluing the manager's influence sometimes, but that's only because I'm trying to counter the opposite extreme.
    There are several things I would have done differently from Mowbray this season, but isn't that the case for EVERY supporter with EVERY manager?
    When people make specific comments about alternatives, I am quite happy to join the debate - and agree or disagree.
    It's this concerted determination to put down Mowbray at every opportunity that I dislike so much.
    We have people on the LT site saying Mowbray has ignored medical advice and played Dack although he is injured. Do they have any evidence? Of course not, but if Dack has had a bad game, it MUST be Mowbray's fault.
    Then there's Saxo saying that if we had played Graham, Dack, Armstrong and Payne together in every game, we would have been battering people left, right and centre. How do we know this? Well, apparently it's obvious to everybody except Mowbray (who sees them every day in training).
    We live in a blame-culture, and football supporters have become the cheerleaders (or the boo-leaders) in that culture.

Everyone’s an expert Aucks, that’s the laughable bit.
    Instead of just stating “this is what I believe, even with my relatively limited knowledge of the squad and game” this is what we should do / should have done etc etc.
    So, so easy from the sidelines, where your ‘choices’ carry no consequence whatsoever.

No matter the eventual outcome in May, he has done a fine job with the basket case he took on.
    For the first time since 2011 I have felt I have been supporting my home town club once more.
    Of course that is ‘passively’ supporting. 😉
    Last edited by Despair; 15-04-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Absolutely bang on despair
    A few of us including me occasionally seem to forget the mammoth task Tony had when he took over and what he has delivered is a team still in good shape to go up and one that has potential to progress further.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Absolutely bang on despair
    A few of us including me occasionally seem to forget the mammoth task Tony had when he took over and what he has delivered is a team still in good shape to go up and one that has potential to progress further.
    And let's not forget the big gaps we closed, once we were up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    And let's not forget the big gaps we closed, once we were up and running.

Late back yesterday after spending the weekend with mates in Bristol. Sorry I go to games Sax, and I don't make it a priority to post while I'm stood clapping the players.
    Decent point, they are not an easy side to play against. Disappointed to concede a 95th minute goal. I'm convinced had we won that, we'd have won the title, no doubts. Now it's anyone's. Who knows what will happen.
    Williams should have scored. 2-0 game over. Simple as that. He didn't, we move on.
    Our away point vrs a side with battling to get into the play offs. Wigan played at home vrs a side already guaranteed a place, with not much to play for. And couldn't break them down. All they've beaten is MK Dons & Rochdale (we also battered both) lost to Pompey and drew at home nil nil. Their faultering. We are showing signs of nerves, as are they.. Shrewsbury have gone. They have accepted play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Late back yesterday after spending the weekend with mates in Bristol. Sorry I go to games Sax, and I don't make it a priority to post while I'm stood clapping the players.
    Decent point, they are not an easy side to play against. Disappointed to concede a 95th minute goal. I'm convinced had we won that, we'd have won the title, no doubts. Now it's anyone's. Who knows what will happen.
    Williams should have scored. 2-0 game over. Simple as that. He didn't, we move on.
    Our away point vrs a side with battling to get into the play offs. Wigan played at home vrs a side already guaranteed a place, with not much to play for. And couldn't break them down. All they've beaten is MK Dons & Rochdale (we also battered both) lost to Pompey and drew at home nil nil. Their faultering. We are showing signs of nerves, as are they.. Shrewsbury have gone. They have accepted play offs.
    Thats a bold statement Champs with the biscuits having two home games on the trot..

Tricky game for the shrews tomorrow night
    Charlton need to find their form or miss out on the play offs against a weakened Shrewsbury team
    As for Wigan a easy 3 points against a stagnant Oxford team.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Thats a bold statement Champs with the biscuits having two home games on the trot..
    Then again Alf, BFC wouldn’t be where they are without a large dose of PMA.
    Believing and a helping of positivity can go a fair way.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm not being arrogant or dismissive Alf. If Rovers where missing that many players, where that many points behind, and had to win at leat 4 of their remaining games, I'd be realistic. No matter what positive spin I'd try out on it. They may well win tomorrow, just it's a big ask to keep winning. Which is why they've been faultering.
    Wigan (who still have to go to Bristol) will also drop more points. They will make light work of Oxford. Like we did away, like we will do at home final day. It's when they have a tough game they can't seem to break decent sides down, easily. If we carry on like we have the past few games we may drop a few aswel. But that's just about who wins the title.
    The struggle for Shrews, is they have to keep bettering our results. And we're miles ahead on GD.
    Last edited by champs95; 16-04-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Fully aware you likely attended and didn't include you if you read the thread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)