The football club management have been reacting to knee jerks for a few years now......go on a decent run.....give the players longer contracts.......the players then don't give a toss and the downward spiral starts.
Stoke were on the lookout for a new manager.....Derby are on a decent run.....Rowett can't sign his new contract quick enough.....and Hey Ho another downward spiral......
Pearson didn't fancy Martin as a player so loans him out........Pearson gets booted out and in comes Mac who wants Martin back so what do we do to try and force Fulham to send him back......give him a new contract......Fulham don't play ball so Martin stays put and then in comes Rowett who clearly doesn't fancy Martin so that farce continues......another long contract......for what.
When all of the on loan players return next season it's feasible that there will be almost a battalion of players, all on enhanced contracts and , it appears, none are fancied by Rowett........but will he be here to sort it......nothing would surprise me .
All I know is that the whole set up seems to me to be a total mess which may take years to sort.
Had Nigel Clough had support and been allowed to do it his way I think things may have been different.