+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to sort this mess.....

Who's going to sort this mess.....

The football club management have been reacting to knee jerks for a few years now......go on a decent run.....give the players longer contracts.......the players then don't give a toss and the downward spiral starts.
    Stoke were on the lookout for a new manager.....Derby are on a decent run.....Rowett can't sign his new contract quick enough.....and Hey Ho another downward spiral......
    Pearson didn't fancy Martin as a player so loans him out........Pearson gets booted out and in comes Mac who wants Martin back so what do we do to try and force Fulham to send him back......give him a new contract......Fulham don't play ball so Martin stays put and then in comes Rowett who clearly doesn't fancy Martin so that farce continues......another long contract......for what.
    When all of the on loan players return next season it's feasible that there will be almost a battalion of players, all on enhanced contracts and , it appears, none are fancied by Rowett........but will he be here to sort it......nothing would surprise me .
    All I know is that the whole set up seems to me to be a total mess which may take years to sort.
    Had Nigel Clough had support and been allowed to do it his way I think things may have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
    The football club management have been reacting to knee jerks for a few years now......go on a decent run.....give the players longer contracts.......the players then don't give a toss and the downward spiral starts.
    Stoke were on the lookout for a new manager.....Derby are on a decent run.....Rowett can't sign his new contract quick enough.....and Hey Ho another downward spiral......
    Pearson didn't fancy Martin as a player so loans him out........Pearson gets booted out and in comes Mac who wants Martin back so what do we do to try and force Fulham to send him back......give him a new contract......Fulham don't play ball so Martin stays put and then in comes Rowett who clearly doesn't fancy Martin so that farce continues......another long contract......for what.
    When all of the on loan players return next season it's feasible that there will be almost a battalion of players, all on enhanced contracts and , it appears, none are fancied by Rowett........but will he be here to sort it......nothing would surprise me .
    All I know is that the whole set up seems to me to be a total mess which may take years to sort.
    Had Nigel Clough had support and been allowed to do it his way I think things may have been different.
    That’ll be the same Nigel Clough that has achieved sweet fa in the five years since he left and, despite today’s fiasco, is on the verge of taking Burton down.

Agree with the rest...total mess!

I liked Rowett but he was running a risky strategy by selling the crown jewels in Hughes Christie and ince and spending on ex premier veterans. With an already bloated squad have t the likes of Davies Hudds Ledley Jerome earned a place in the starting 11th Worried now that with the return of Blackman,Martin,Bryson Butterfield the club is going to be swamped with debt for a few years and I blame rowett as he has enough of his players in the squad now to be held accountable. As said above we have promising youngsters in Elsnik Vernham,mc donald lowe,zanzala but there is no route to the first team. I would say rowett out but can't see a way of making a team out of this massive squad for a new manager. We seem to have undone all the work Cloughie did and lost a fortune for little advancement

Quote Originally Posted by Salopian0 View Post
    I liked Rowett but he was running a risky strategy by selling the crown jewels in Hughes Christie and ince and spending on ex premier veterans. With an already bloated squad have t the likes of Davies Hudds Ledley Jerome earned a place in the starting 11th Worried now that with the return of Blackman,Martin,Bryson Butterfield the club is going to be swamped with debt for a few years and I blame rowett as he has enough of his players in the squad now to be held accountable. As said above we have promising youngsters in Elsnik Vernham,mc donald lowe,zanzala but there is no route to the first team. I would say rowett out but can't see a way of making a team out of this massive squad for a new manager. We seem to have undone all the work Cloughie did and lost a fortune for little advancement
    Don’t disagree entirely but Rowett can’t be blamed for the ‘Blackman, Martin, Butterfield, Bryson’ situation and Davies is one of our better signings for a long time.

In fairness to Clough (although I don't think he's the answer to get us promoted) he's never had cash to buy players at any club he's been at. He also put out a team yesterday who on paper should have been blown away by a local pub team put 3 goals away against some of the highest paid players in the Championship! Lets give the bloke credit where it's due! The players he got for the club who cost peanuts and who were on a lot less wages than the present crop where some of the best buys at the club! Also the irony is the peanuts he spent and the millions the other managers spent haven't made any difference to the clubs status. We are still in the Championship and if lucky will still be there in years to come!

'Who's going to sort this mess out? '
    Well, GR is incapable, the players...... no friggin chance!! So, that leaves Mel!!

So, no chance then!!!

MoP Clough never had money £1million for Salmon He spent £600,00 on Maguire and a month later admitted he didn't know if he was a striker or a wideman or a midfielder Yes your right he never had a lot of cash but just wasted most of what he did get Hopefully we don't see him anywhere near our club again don't think I could stand his arrogant interviews again

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    In fairness to Clough (although I don't think he's the answer to get us promoted) he's never had cash to buy players at any club he's been at. He also put out a team yesterday who on paper should have been blown away by a local pub team put 3 goals away against some of the highest paid players in the Championship! Lets give the bloke credit where it's due! The players he got for the club who cost peanuts and who were on a lot less wages than the present crop where some of the best buys at the club! Also the irony is the peanuts he spent and the millions the other managers spent haven't made any difference to the clubs status. We are still in the Championship and if lucky will still be there in years to come!
    I’ve never disputed that he found decent players but that makes him, or his brother, a good scout...not a good manager.
    His man management was poor and he also found some bloody awful players.
    Look at what Sheffield United have achieved since he left if you really want to know how successful he is as a manager. He can get teams up for certain matches but that’s about it imo.

Well how about this for an idea. Can't we offer him or his brother a scouting role at Derby. Sack Rowett and try and poach Sean Dyche from Burnley as he's been there long enough!

MoP. His brother only scouts in Scotland hence Salmon and Maguire Give us one good reason why Dyche would want to come to us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)