Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Which first team players' will be gone at season end?

  1. #1

    Which first team players' will be gone at season end?

    Here is my possible list which includes player choices as well as management choices:-
    Nkoudou
    Ward
    Marney
    Arfield
    Mee
    Heaton
    Defour??

  2. #2
    Nkoudou does not count because he is only in on loan.

    Deano sadly, because his time is up.

    Arfield definitely.

    Ward has signed a new contract.

    Heaton, Mee and Defour are all under contract and only Mee is inspiring rumours that he is "unsettled".

    Heaton will have to reconsider his position, because the way Pope is shaping at present, Tom is number two.

    Defour has an agent who constantly agitates for an improved situation for his player, but Defour seems to have settled in under Dyche.

    The Clarets are on the very cusp of European football, so I think players will be clamouring to arrive at Turf Moor, not leave!

  3. #3
    Ones we are ptobably happy to lose
    Legdzins
    Walters
    Wells
    Tom Anderson
    Arfield
    Marney

    I agree players may be happy to stay at a club near the top 6 and possibly in Europe but there are a few that out success has brought into the spotlight for other clubs paying twice our salary and Market Forces might dictate we sell - for loads of Wonga.
    Mee
    Tarks
    Tom or Nick
    Defour
    Berg
    Wood

  4. #4
    Bloody hell OC, that's pessimistic!

  5. #5
    I really can't see many, if any, of our established first team players wanting to leave at the end of the season. Tom might not be happy with the situation, Defour's agent might feel he's due some commission and try to engineer a move, and a top six club might move for Tarkovsky. As for the rest of them, where are they going to move to, we'll finish at least 7th and most likely be in Europe, no top six club will be coming in for them, so the only way for them if they want to leave is down, and why would they want to do that ?

    Of course there may be one or two that Sean wants to ship out, that he thinks he can improve on, but there's no way of knowing who they might be.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bloody hell OC, that's pessimistic!
    No just realistic. If someone offers a player 4 years on double their wages, they may well be interested whether they are Top 6 or not. I’m not expecting many such offers, but most of those named have had something recently on the jungle drums. Of course they would also have to tempt us to part as well.

    There is also the chance someone takes a fancy to Sean. To a great extent we are at the mercy of market forces.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    No just realistic. If someone offers a player 4 years on double their wages, they may well be interested whether they are Top 6 or not. I’m not expecting many such offers, but most of those named have had something recently on the jungle drums. Of course they would also have to tempt us to part as well.

    There is also the chance someone takes a fancy to Sean. To a great extent we are at the mercy of market forces.
    My understanding was that our salary scale's not as far out of line as it perhaps was last season, the difference being that we don't have any big-name/high-salaried 'stars' in the squad? I know the 'Big-6' - which I suppose must still include Arsenal even when we finish above them - have big enough cheque books to secure whomever they want, but as for the rest, can/will they be prepared to significantly increase their current salaries? There's some very promising players in the Burnley squad, but hardly big-name superstars for whom the other clubs'll pull out the stops to get, in addition to theire current base salaries, I'd presume that the Burnley squad will all be pocketing some substantial and well earned performance/results based bonuses come the season's end too, so their overall earnings might not be looking too shabby as it is.

    Similarly, my understanding is that now SD's finally on a long-term contract, he's (excluding the big-6) probably one of the better paid Managers already, almost certainly enjoys more freedom/decision-making power than most of the others and without doubt has the safest manager's job in the EPL; even if we were to get relegated next season, I couldn't see the club sacking him, how many EPL managers enjoy that sort of job security? My only concern with regard to SD is whether Arsenal might be interested, particularly if we push them down to 7th

  8. #8
    Star reports
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...sportgalleries

    Ave weekly salary
    Burnley 26k - almost the lowest in the PL last year.
    Spurs 61k
    Liverpool 70k
    Chelsea 85k
    United 101k
    City 101k

    I agree its unlikely Sean will go but hes 9th highest paid now on 3.5m but still around a quarter of the highest paid twosome in Manchester on 15m. Arsene on 6.5m

    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...sportgalleries
    Last edited by oldcolner; 15-04-2018 at 09:14 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    ..
    Ave weekly salary Burnley 26k - almost the lowest in the PL last year...
    But I thought we were paying everyone much more this year?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post
    But I thought we were paying everyone much more this year?
    Here’s one source most on 35k

    http://www.spotrac.com/epl/burnley-f.c/payroll/

  11. #11
    League table of transfer fees and wages.
    We’re in 19th place on both.

    http://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

  12. #12
    Tom Heaton is walking around the training ground like a bear with a sore head. He felt the No 1 jersey was his on return from a shoulder injury that has kept him out of most of Burnley’s finest season for 44 years. Heaton, 32 yesterday, feels he has earned that right.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz5Cmc3gl3K

  13. #13
    I feel Pope has earned the right to the jersey.

    It really is unprecedented for any EPL team to have two potential England number one goalkeepers on their books.

    I sympathise with Tom but in a straight toss up, it's Pope for me.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Here’s one source most on 35k

    http://www.spotrac.com/epl/burnley-f.c/payroll/
    Those figures are way out, they give us an annual wage bill of around 34m, but there's no need to guess at what our wage bill was last season, it was there for all to see in the BFC Annual Report published recently, and it was 61m. Even if we had a 25 man squad all on 35k it would only cost us 45m, so clearly a lot of our top players are on much more than 35k now.

  15. #15
    Sinkov
    Yes but everyone else’s figures will also be a year old too. We were next to bottom in that table and I don’t think we will have risen up the table much.
    I assumed the 61m wages figures in the accounts applied to the whole club and not just the PL players.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sinkov
    Yes but everyone else’s figures will also be a year old too. We were next to bottom in that table and I don’t think we will have risen up the table much.
    I assumed the 61m wages figures in the accounts applied to the whole club and not just the PL players.
    It says the figures are 2017/18 but whatever, they're clearly miles out. I'm not disputing where we are relative to others, just how much we're paying our players. Of course the 'staff costs' include the entire club, but the first team squad will be responsible for most of that 61 million, while Sean and the coaches will also be on decent money, I doubt the ticket office staff or groundsmen get paid much more than the average Joe in Burnley.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It says the figures are 2017/18 but whatever, they're clearly miles out. I'm not disputing where we are relative to others, just how much we're paying our players. Of course the 'staff costs' include the entire club, but the first team squad will be responsible for most of that 61 million, while Sean and the coaches will also be on decent money, I doubt the ticket office staff or groundsmen get paid much more than the average Joe in Burnley.
    Yes Sinkov
    My point was about the fact that relative to others we don’t pay a lot and our stars could find offers of double their salary tempting.
    Hoping that doesn’t happen of course.

  18. #18
    Whatever happens, I am confident that our squad in August will be at least as strong as it is now.

    If we get into Europe then it will certainly need to be....

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes Sinkov
    My point was about the fact that relative to others we don’t pay a lot and our stars could find offers of double their salary tempting.
    Hoping that doesn’t happen of course.
    I don't think many outside of the top six will be able to double our wages, and I don't think many of our players will interest the top six, so hopefully we'll be ok.

  20. #20
    Going round in circles here guys.

    We can afford the likes of Cork and Lennon who I assume were both on big money at Swansea and Everton.

    Dave Baldwin says we can compete on the wages front but we won't be signing the likes of Ozil on 350k a week (thank God!)

    Mee might or might not be ready to jump ship, rumours are circulating around Heaton, who by all accounts has got the bottom lip out.

    The reality is we have lost Austin, Trippier, Ings and Keane and in each case we have become stronger for it.

    I ain't fretting, if any of our players thinks the grass is greener elsewhere, off you jolly well pop.

    We could probably do with a top up anyway...

    Name:  The Boardroom..jpg
Views: 223
Size:  24.9 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •