+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which first team players' will be gone at season end?

Which first team players' will be gone at season end?

Here is my possible list which includes player choices as well as management choices:-
    Nkoudou
    Ward
    Marney
    Arfield
    Mee
    Heaton
    Defour??

Nkoudou does not count because he is only in on loan.

Deano sadly, because his time is up.

Arfield definitely.

Ward has signed a new contract.

Heaton, Mee and Defour are all under contract and only Mee is inspiring rumours that he is "unsettled".

Heaton will have to reconsider his position, because the way Pope is shaping at present, Tom is number two.

Defour has an agent who constantly agitates for an improved situation for his player, but Defour seems to have settled in under Dyche.

The Clarets are on the very cusp of European football, so I think players will be clamouring to arrive at Turf Moor, not leave!

Ones we are ptobably happy to lose
    Legdzins
    Walters
    Wells
    Tom Anderson
    Arfield
    Marney

I agree players may be happy to stay at a club near the top 6 and possibly in Europe but there are a few that out success has brought into the spotlight for other clubs paying twice our salary and Market Forces might dictate we sell - for loads of Wonga.
    Mee
    Tarks
    Tom or Nick
    Defour
    Berg
    Wood

Bloody hell OC, that's pessimistic!

I really can't see many, if any, of our established first team players wanting to leave at the end of the season. Tom might not be happy with the situation, Defour's agent might feel he's due some commission and try to engineer a move, and a top six club might move for Tarkovsky. As for the rest of them, where are they going to move to, we'll finish at least 7th and most likely be in Europe, no top six club will be coming in for them, so the only way for them if they want to leave is down, and why would they want to do that ?

Of course there may be one or two that Sean wants to ship out, that he thinks he can improve on, but there's no way of knowing who they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bloody hell OC, that's pessimistic!
    No just realistic. If someone offers a player 4 years on double their wages, they may well be interested whether they are Top 6 or not. I’m not expecting many such offers, but most of those named have had something recently on the jungle drums. Of course they would also have to tempt us to part as well.

There is also the chance someone takes a fancy to Sean. To a great extent we are at the mercy of market forces.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    No just realistic. If someone offers a player 4 years on double their wages, they may well be interested whether they are Top 6 or not. I’m not expecting many such offers, but most of those named have had something recently on the jungle drums. Of course they would also have to tempt us to part as well.

There is also the chance someone takes a fancy to Sean. To a great extent we are at the mercy of market forces.
    My understanding was that our salary scale's not as far out of line as it perhaps was last season, the difference being that we don't have any big-name/high-salaried 'stars' in the squad? I know the 'Big-6' - which I suppose must still include Arsenal even when we finish above them - have big enough cheque books to secure whomever they want, but as for the rest, can/will they be prepared to significantly increase their current salaries? There's some very promising players in the Burnley squad, but hardly big-name superstars for whom the other clubs'll pull out the stops to get, in addition to theire current base salaries, I'd presume that the Burnley squad will all be pocketing some substantial and well earned performance/results based bonuses come the season's end too, so their overall earnings might not be looking too shabby as it is.

Similarly, my understanding is that now SD's finally on a long-term contract, he's (excluding the big-6) probably one of the better paid Managers already, almost certainly enjoys more freedom/decision-making power than most of the others and without doubt has the safest manager's job in the EPL; even if we were to get relegated next season, I couldn't see the club sacking him, how many EPL managers enjoy that sort of job security? My only concern with regard to SD is whether Arsenal might be interested, particularly if we push them down to 7th

Star reports
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...sport*********

Ave weekly salary
    Burnley £26k - almost the lowest in the PL last year.
    Spurs £61k
    Liverpool £70k
    Chelsea £85k
    United £101k
    City £101k

I agree it’s unlikely Sean will go but he’s 9th highest paid now on £3.5m but still around a quarter of the highest paid twosome in Manchester on £15m. Arsene on £6.5m

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...sport*********
    Last edited by oldcolner; 15-04-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Ave weekly salary Burnley £26k - almost the lowest in the PL last year...
    But I thought we were paying everyone much more this year?

Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post
    But I thought we were paying everyone much more this year?
    Here’s one source most on £35k

http://www.spotrac.com/epl/burnley-f.c/payroll/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)