+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which first team players' will be gone at season end?

League table of transfer fees and wages.
    We’re in 19th place on both.

http://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

Tom Heaton is walking around the training ground like a bear with a sore head. He felt the No 1 jersey was his on return from a shoulder injury that has kept him out of most of Burnley’s finest season for 44 years. Heaton, 32 yesterday, feels he has earned that right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz5Cmc3gl3K

I feel Pope has earned the right to the jersey.

It really is unprecedented for any EPL team to have two potential England number one goalkeepers on their books.

I sympathise with Tom but in a straight toss up, it's Pope for me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Here’s one source most on £35k

http://www.spotrac.com/epl/burnley-f.c/payroll/
    Those figures are way out, they give us an annual wage bill of around £34m, but there's no need to guess at what our wage bill was last season, it was there for all to see in the BFC Annual Report published recently, and it was £61m. Even if we had a 25 man squad all on £35k it would only cost us £45m, so clearly a lot of our top players are on much more than £35k now.

Sinkov
    Yes but everyone else’s figures will also be a year old too. We were next to bottom in that table and I don’t think we will have risen up the table much.
    I assumed the £61m wages figures in the accounts applied to the whole club and not just the PL players.

Sinkov
    Yes but everyone else’s figures will also be a year old too. We were next to bottom in that table and I don’t think we will have risen up the table much.
    I assumed the £61m wages figures in the accounts applied to the whole club and not just the PL players.
    It says the figures are 2017/18 but whatever, they're clearly miles out. I'm not disputing where we are relative to others, just how much we're paying our players. Of course the 'staff costs' include the entire club, but the first team squad will be responsible for most of that £61 million, while Sean and the coaches will also be on decent money, I doubt the ticket office staff or groundsmen get paid much more than the average Joe in Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It says the figures are 2017/18 but whatever, they're clearly miles out. I'm not disputing where we are relative to others, just how much we're paying our players. Of course the 'staff costs' include the entire club, but the first team squad will be responsible for most of that £61 million, while Sean and the coaches will also be on decent money, I doubt the ticket office staff or groundsmen get paid much more than the average Joe in Burnley.
    Yes Sinkov
    My point was about the fact that relative to others we don’t pay a lot and our stars could find offers of double their salary tempting.
    Hoping that doesn’t happen of course.

Whatever happens, I am confident that our squad in August will be at least as strong as it is now.

If we get into Europe then it will certainly need to be....

Yes Sinkov
    My point was about the fact that relative to others we don’t pay a lot and our stars could find offers of double their salary tempting.
    Hoping that doesn’t happen of course.
    I don't think many outside of the top six will be able to double our wages, and I don't think many of our players will interest the top six, so hopefully we'll be ok.

Going round in circles here guys.

We can afford the likes of Cork and Lennon who I assume were both on big money at Swansea and Everton.

Dave Baldwin says we can compete on the wages front but we won't be signing the likes of Ozil on £350k a week (thank God!)

Mee might or might not be ready to jump ship, rumours are circulating around Heaton, who by all accounts has got the bottom lip out.

The reality is we have lost Austin, Trippier, Ings and Keane and in each case we have become stronger for it.

I ain't fretting, if any of our players thinks the grass is greener elsewhere, off you jolly well pop.

We could probably do with a top up anyway...

Attachment 9172

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)